How to lower PH?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I have a small 20 gallon container pond growing lotus from the tuber. My PH has recently been at 9 for the past few weeks and has been lowered to 8 after one water change. I'm trying to get my PH to a consistent 7 so I can get a couple of Rosy Reds to take care of my mosquito larvae problem. The rest of the water chemistry has been normal other than the PH. Although, the water has been running very hot, but that's another problem I'm trying to solve. How can I lower the PH without killing my Lotus or in the future killing fish?

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I have a small 20 gallon container pond growing lotus from the tuber. My PH has recently been at 9 for the past few weeks and has been lowered to 8 after one water change. I'm trying to get my PH to a consistent 7 so I can get a couple of Rosy Reds to take care of my mosquito larvae problem. The rest of the water chemistry has been normal other than the PH. Although, the water has been running very hot, but that's another problem I'm trying to solve. How can I lower the PH without killing my Lotus or in the future killing fish?
there are some chemicals called PH down from API I used to have them for whatever reason even though I never used them its nice to know that they are actually useful, I would recomend going to your local fish store anp picking a bottle up :)

Ask a Question