addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh my no way is ours learning that. She knows she gets a treat if we go outside and she pees, so now she does fake pees. She just has not learned how to figure out we know she does not need to pee every 1/2 hour.

Yorkies are on the tough side to potty train, treats have worked great with all of mine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Fake pees - that's too funny. I have a dog door so I don't need to do deal with that. Yorkies are awfully cute though! Pic?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We had a delightful Lab who lived next door for many years. Her family would let her out to do her business and she'd get a treat when she came back inside. We used to laugh to see her trot halfway out in the yard, check over her shoulder to see if anyone was watching, and then hustle back to the door to get that treat - not even a fake pee! Dogs are often far smarter than we give them credit for!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You are right, Lisa. Even though I know they're smart, they still surprise me. I really do think they understand most of what I say. One thing I can't get her to do is mimic sounds. She makes the cutest "oh oh" but I can't teach her to say it when I tell her to say it. Surely they are smarter than parrots!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fake pees - that's too funny. I have a dog door so I don't need to do deal with that. Yorkies are awfully cute though! Pic?
We can't let her go out alone, almost 4 acres, red fox, owls, hawks and she is a hunter. Pics? We have just a few.............yeah right!

four months old
DSC05876(1).JPG

under a year
IMG_20150308_211814_765.jpg

flying
20190130_161630.jpg

loves the snow
IMG_0509(1).JPG

20180308_123142.jpg
missy1.JPG
20181001_111606_HDR.jpg
20190128_115608.jpg
Message_1486651759251.jpg
Message_1521231324880.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't forget ladies your babies at least these fur babies have 16 long sharp pointed toe nails what is slippery for us in a walk in the park for them and not to mention they have four wheel drive. like rob said so long as the rock is big enough that the dog can't dislodge it will work . i watch my little cockier spaniel climb out of almost vertical rocks / boulders that have texture to them hes out in seconds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
She's adorable! Is that how you potty trained her? LOL No, I wouldn't let her go out alone either!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Don't forget ladies your babies at least these fur babies have 16 long sharp pointed toe nails what is slippery for us in a walk in the park for them and not to mention they have four wheel drive. like rob said so long as the rock is big enough that the dog can't dislodge it will work . i watch my little cockier spaniel climb out of almost vertical rocks / boulders that have texture to them hes out in seconds.
That's true... I worry about the slime building up on the rocks, making them slick. Can't take any chances!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
Oh my no way is ours learning that. She knows she gets a treat if we go outside and she pees, so now she does fake pees. She just has not learned how to figure out we know she does not need to pee every 1/2 hour.

Yorkies are on the tough side to potty train, treats have worked great with all of mine.
:LOL:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is that how you potty trained her?
We had a baby play pen, kept her in there unless we were watching her. Any time we took her out and she peed she got a treat and a lot of way to goes!
She was pretty good at around 10-11 months, but did make goofs now and then, mainly our fault we would miss the sign. Done with the play pen around 8 months. That was mainly to find her and make sure she was not getting into trouble. She never chewed on anything, but loved to carry sticks when we walked. One was around 2 feet long.

A little blurry, but here is one of her sticks..........
DSC06428.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ah, sweet! Does she actually DO anything with it? :)
No just carries and used to carry it the entire time we were walking, now carries for around a mile then drops.

Ask a Question