how to start a pond?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm hoping people can give me kind advise and help me.. what is the list to feed koi/goldfish/ pleco natural foods?
you never liked my bin last year... so I'm asking advise before anything.
I'm still learning and I'm hoping to learn more...

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
Prepared foods are the best choices for staple items. The good stuff has all the nutrients the fish need. Supplementing that food with other items is usually unnecessary and does more for yiur own sense of well being then it does for the fishes needs. That being said,I do occasionally throw fruit pieces such as watermelon, peach,apple to my pond fish. In my aquarium I I have gathered skeeter larvae and fed them to tropicals. Why do you mention plecos with koi and goldfish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
A pleco wont survive when temperature goes below 50. Koi and Goldfish should be able to eat floating pellets like Hikari Saki, tetra sticks or Blackwater Creek pellets.

The pleco will need sinking food, and some pellets are good for both.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I've heard, from multiple sources, to never get Koi food that has corn or anything corn related in the first three ingredients. They say corn is hard for them to digest and the first three ingredients make up the most of the food....... So,...food for thought.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pleco, koi, and goldfish all get BIG and need room to grow (especially koi) Pleco are not a good choice for a pond where it gets cold. And they need a big tank if kept in an aquarium.

Did you get something to replace the plastic bin you were using last year?

Ask a Question