How to transport Large koi fish? Please help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well I hope they do come back and read this, the post are only meant to help. Please do not feel offended at all by the other post. We all are learning everyday. The post are to help so you do not make a mistake that could end deadly for the fish which in turn will not make you feel very good. I commend you in taking on such a task as 40 Koi. If you do read this please expand on your setup at as to what type of filtration etc you have. This may allow us to help further with your setup. Just remember just because someone tells you what you want to here my not always be the right answer. I for one hope you and your husband come back often and share your endeavor. BTW I would love to see pictures of your pond, I really enjoy seeing other peoples ponds. Stick around and you will see there is a very nice group here. For some reason you do not come back, I wish you the best of luck with the Koi.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Agree 100%! No offense intended! Sometimes the question we ask isn't the only question we should be asking.

We have about 2500 gallons in our pond and have 6 koi and a posse of shubunkins and goldfish - maybe 15 or 16 fish total, and many of those are under 6". If I put 40 "good sized" koi in my pond you would be able to walk across the pond on the backs of those fish. That's a lot of fish... and the resulting waste. Hence the concern about those fish being happy in that sized pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Do dads video explains it all as we did exept we would not recomend adding Oxygen at the speed this girl is addiing it to the bag talk about stressing the koi out somewhat ? :eek:
I'm suprised that nobody else has picked up on this before now :(
All you need do is to crack the valve open to dispense oxygen into the bag slowly causing the koi no distress . (y)

Dave

Ask a Question