I could really use everyones help!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Hey all, for those of you who visit the world wide web every day, if you could take a minute of your time to help me that would be great.

ED's fruit bars is having a contest to donate fruit orchards to certain communities across the country. One of those communities is New Hartford, Iowa. zip code 50660

If you go to the website it tells you the story this community has gone through. back in 2008, an F5 tornado went through the town, and then days later a flood covered 90% of the town. Now the town has many empty lots that FEMA has bought and destroyed the houses. Now the town is slowly trying to rebuild and make the empty lots into gardens, memorials, and playgrounds.

Anyway, so one of the lots has been nominated to become an orchard if they are in the top 5 of this contest, right now they are in second place, which in itself is pretty remarkable considering this is a town of 500 people, and the town in first place has over 20,000 people living in it. The big worry is that school will be out soon, and right now the children have the chance to vote very day in school, and when school lets out, if they do not have internet access at home, votes may drop.

SO, if you don't have a town you are currently voting for, Myself, and the whole community would much appreciate a vote, it only take a minute and and email address to sign up, and you can vote once a day. My my grandparents and great aunt and uncle live in this community and are very involved in this project, attached is the website where you can vote, a newspaper article about the changes that are happening in the town, and a picture of volunteers who were working on one of the lots, my grandmother took the picture, and my grandfather is hiding in the back 4th from the left.

Thank you in advance for everyone that takes the time to help.

http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ne...cle_9b307663-acac-522b-b2ef-872bc9113870.html

466999_3724051467440_1460474571_3286981_1656813592_o.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wishing the town good luck on winning! I'll get to it tomorrow tmann!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
is it on or around main st.and U ave

I actually don't know which lot they have the orchard planned for, we drove through town today and got to see a couple of the lots they are currently working on. A huge $27,000 gazebo is going in one, they have raised half the money so far for that one. The vets memorial is in a another, they have all the money raised for that one, and have the concrete poured to start it. Another is getting a large sculpture.

Ask a Question