I finally hand fed my koi for the first time

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had just rinsed the skimmer pads and I didn't want any food to end up in there, so I was just holding a koi stick in the water to see if the fish would gather close to me,and show interest in eating.... then my Shusui came right up to my hand and took the stick
I was not expecting that at all! I couldn't believe he just did that, cause I never tried to hand feed them before, I thought if I ever wanted to hand feed my koi I would have to put in the time to train them, but no, after the Shusui took the first stick, they all came up to my hand and took food
....so amazing....I love them so much!
smpond.gif

and now I can't part with the female I was going to re home, cause I love her too!
smpissed.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks guys!
I've always been jealous of the people that have this kind of bond with their fish, and now I no longer have to be cause I have it too.
I can't wait to get back out there and do it again, but Mother Weather is not cooperating so I'll have to wait
smsad3.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's funny how that works - we have one fish in our pond who is definitely the boss. Where she goes, the others will follow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
That is so neat ! I'd always read a chagoi will lead the others to feed from your hand.....but NOPE, not mine, she's "Miss. Independent " !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That is so neat ! I'd always read a chagoi will lead the others to feed from your hand.....but NOPE, not mine, she's "Miss. Independent " !
That is the only reason I was considering a Chagoi for my new pond.

Ask a Question