I have a new job

Reaction score
I'm now the one and only maintenance man for a Bone and Joint hospital. It has been keeping me pretty busy as the last guy didn't do a lot. He was working on a degree so I understand. I have a lot to keep up with, the medical gasses such as oxygen and nitrous oxide need to be monitored daily so I can switch out the banks when one gets empty, a regulator automatically switches banks, but the reserve must be in place. The emergency generators also are a high priority, I wanted to see them run so got a rep out to give me the rundown. Sure enough, one would not crank because the battery had been ignored and the terminal was so corroded the nut was eaten off. I replaced both leads and greased them up, all is good.

It is a great job, I get off at 4:30 instead of 7:00 and get home well before dark. We have 21 paid holidays, a matching 401k and insurance. It's like having 120 wives all calling, "My door squeaks, my light is out, it's too hot/cold in here."

Yesterday was a hoot. One of our girls got locked in a bathroom when the knob malfunctioned. She called from her cell phone and a lot of staff was outside the door trying to help... and laughing. I couldn't go over the ceiling as there were conduits and braces in the way, but I could see her and hand her tools. All door knobs are made with the screws inside so a burglar can't just take them off and gain entry. She removed the inside parts but it was frozen in place. It took about 1/2 hour of me taking things apart on the outside and her on the inside before we finally got her out.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well good luck on the new job and you rescued a damsel in distress already and great that you can get home before dark .How is your deck build going ,all done i guess

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey Bullfrog wondered where ya been. Guess you have been looking for a new job and found a good one. Sounds like it will keep you busy and I know you like working around people and medical is your field so way to go! Sounds like you are having fun there too. I'm asking also about how the deck project went and any progress on the pond?

Reaction score
Well we thought that 14X16 feet was a good addition. But, after moving the big new BBQ pit up there, a fridge, stereo in a cabinet and chairs, we decided to add another 8X16 feet. I got the posts up last weekend and will frame it this weekend. The pond will be coming soon as we should sell our old home this month. Jose knows how to do a pebble wash patio and that will look good and be a nice place for a fire pit. We do like to sit under the stars around a fire at night and now that I'm off early, things will get done sooner.

I bought Vicki a miniature, pygmy goat that is two weeks old yesterday and she is gorgeous. Fawn brown with a black strip running down her back. Vicki is bottle feeding her and loves it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well where's the pictures of your build and the cute little goat..................you know we love the critters here!

Reaction score
I did take two pictures of the baby goat last night but left the camera at home. I'll try to remember it tomorrow. Well, if you remember the old well house in my front yard, it's still there. But that's common here, people will have a really nice looking place and a rusty old well house right out in the front. I'll do a before and after as Vicki wants it to look like a wishing well. I want it to look like an old mill with a water wheel. a mill would be more practical as I could still access the pump and plumbing if needed. i'll probably just make her a water well nearby maybe with a small tub inside and a tilted bucket pouring water out with a small pump.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep you gotta please us women! I like your idea of making it a mill and then building Vicki her own little well. I've seen those ones w/ the water pouring out of the bucket and they are neat. Could do that w/ a pond also having the bucket pouring water in there.

Ask a Question