I Love NEW MULCH

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
Looks amazing! I find that the big box store mulch is too Barky and doesn't look good by mid summer while the compost type retains its color and moisture much longer. This was my pond last year with black compost mulch. Plan on getting mine done next weekend. Hopefully lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 314
Reaction score
Hey our Home Depot did the same! 6/10$ what a deal. I usually boycott Home Depot when it comes to gardening items, because they throw away tons of plants all the time. And they are not "allowed" by store policy to sell them at a marked down, they have to dump them:eek: which is ridicules!! Yesterday I was picking up the mulch and they had one of those flat carts FULL of plants they were dumping. When I asked them why they were throwing them away, I was told they were " too leggy" o_O
What the heck?!? Too leggy? And half of them were perinneals, it's a shame.
That's horrible they do that !!! I get a lot of my deals on the markdown rack I find the ones that need work a challenge :) as with many bonsai that I work with

Reaction score
Looks amazing! I find that the big box store mulch is too Barky and doesn't look good by mid summer while the compost type retains its color and moisture much longer. This was my pond last year with black compost mulch. Plan on getting mine done next weekend. Hopefully lol
That looks awesome yes the barky stuff loses it's appeal for sure :eek:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hey our Home Depot did the same! 6/10$ what a deal. I usually boycott Home Depot when it comes to gardening items, because they throw away tons of plants all the time. And they are not "allowed" by store policy to sell them at a marked down, they have to dump them:eek: which is ridicules!! Yesterday I was picking up the mulch and they had one of those flat carts FULL of plants they were dumping. When I asked them why they were throwing them away, I was told they were " too leggy" o_O
What the heck?!? Too leggy? And half of them were perinneals, it's a shame.
It is probably part of the contract they have with their vendor, that does not allow them to mark them down. Other places are like that as well not just HD.

Ask a Question