I now have an official "least favorite thing" about ponds....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
where do you get these oil pan!!! I never could find them...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought maybe you had regular pots like I see some use .I use the bags for mine but they are in the lily pond

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
where do you get these oil pan!!! I never could find them...
Do you have a Wal-Mart store near you? These pans are in the automotive department, around where they sell oil and stuff to use for oil changes. Sometimes I have to really search because they move them. Sometimes they're in an obvious place on a shelf, and sometimes they're stuffed down on the bottom where it's hard to see them. They're under $3.00 each -- not bad at all! If they sold the same thing in a "pond store," I bet they'd be at least $35.00 each!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Do you have a Wal-Mart store near you? These pans are in the automotive department, around where they sell oil and stuff to use for oil changes. Sometimes I have to really search because they move them. Sometimes they're in an obvious place on a shelf, and sometimes they're stuffed down on the bottom where it's hard to see them. They're under $3.00 each -- not bad at all! If they sold the same thing in a "pond store," I bet they'd be at least $35.00 each!
err aham... that's what i ended upbuying.. lily pot for about $20.... crazy me but i couldnt find oil pan for the life of me! Thanks :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
err aham... that's what i ended upbuying.. lily pot for about $20.... crazy me but i couldnt find oil pan for the life of me! Thanks :)
I wonder if there is a market for re-purposed oil pans....? You know, buy them from Wally- World, then sell them as lily pots! Not very honest, I know......

Ask a Question