i started out as a child...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum :) Beautiful stream and pond, sure to attract lots of wild life ! Love the kitty and goats :)

thank you.

it's a pleasure being with my non human family. that was dub the cat and yoolie (white) and marva

here's a pic of a local enjoying our bnb this morning.
unfortunately, i disturbed their bathing and grooming like some giddy tourist and was asked to go away.

1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcome i loved ur farm or garden its amazing abd your stream pond . thats one long stream lol i was waiting when wil it end , thats good u adopted fishes and plan to pet them

i noticed few things u can improve , with the stream and pond there is open liner that needs more rocks plants inside stream corners to cover, it will look good if u hide all liner and also liner will expire if exposed to sun directly . other thing i saw a glass piece that can b harmfull for kids or accidentaly if it falls or breaks it can puncture liner .

yes goldfish koi are omnivorus they can eat everything whatever is easy for u , if ur making homemade food then cooked wheat and proteins are important too .

thank you for the help. i look forward to filling in the course. the cost has been very low as the rubber was free. i think we've spent 40 dollars on rock so far.
i'm hoping to scrounge most of what i need. a housemate says his friend will be donating 3-4 pallets of flat rock and next spring i will asking farmers if
i can pick up the rocks in their fields before they plant. i've been feeding the fish primarily a gel made of kale, collards, turnip greens, broccoli, peas, winter squash,
and mackerel with a few supplements. calcium, vit c, a multi vitamin, and bentonite clay. why do you like cooked wheat?
i appreciate your safety concern regarding the glass waterfall.
the glass is 1/2 inch thick and very strong and it won't move. i could stand on it. i'm 150 lbs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
thank you for the help. i look forward to filling in the course. the cost has been very low as the rubber was free. i think we've spent 40 dollars on rock so far.
i'm hoping to scrounge most of what i need. a housemate says his friend will be donating 3-4 pallets of flat rock and next spring i will asking farmers if
i can pick up the rocks in their fields before they plant. i've been feeding the fish primarily a gel made of kale, collards, turnip greens, broccoli, peas, winter squash,
and mackerel with a few supplements. calcium, vit c, a multi vitamin, and bentonite clay. why do you like cooked wheat?
i appreciate your safety concern regarding the glass waterfall.
the glass is 1/2 inch thick and very strong and it won't move. i could stand on it. i'm 150 lbs.
your welcome .. or baked wheat, some people recommend wheat germs , whole wheat bread , Oatmeal flakes for carbohydrates minerals vitamins fiber etc, some say preferable to feed in cold places or before winter transition period to develope imunity and they digest easily and doesnot rot as protein food will if uneaten
apart from this its just one option if ur home feeder its healthy and they love it .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome!
If you still have those plecostamus, they need to come out of the pond and be in an inside heated aquarium. They won't survive for very long at water temperatures below 60F.

thanks mitch. i decided to keep the plecos inside and haven't put them in the pond. i had read that they wouldn't survive
the winter, but didn't know even below 60 is dangerous. mine are common plecos i believe. they seem like a poor choice
for most people and i imagine most meet an untimely end. mine are 11" and 9" long currently in a 30 gallon tank soon to be in
a 50 gallon after i make a new home for the 2 bearded dragons my previous housemate also left. and then what, a 200 gallon tank
when they are reaching 2 feet long? aargghhh!
and why are there lizards from central australia in my home? i live in michigan.
i would prefer to go to australia to see dragons. or westeros before it burns.
still, they are way cool and i've become rather fond of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice hole!

we were lucky. we waited a month for the excavator to never show up. if he had, the 2nd pond wouldn't of happened.
the idea came to us the day before the rented excavatort came because i called a friend and asked for his help and we
started throwing ideas around. it worked better than imagined. funny....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sometimes it is best when the plans get messed up and you rethink!

Ask a Question