Ideas on what cridder is slitting my netting?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Replacing my netting for 3rd time in 2 weeks.. something is slitting the netting right down the middle! Raccoon, owl or hawk? Thank you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Replacing my netting for 3rd time in 2 weeks.. something is slitting the netting right down the middle! Raccoon, owl or hawk? Thank you
More than likely a raccoon..... they are the “Master” of breaking into anything..... could be a mink or weasel, but I would bet on the raccoon..... smart creatures were food is concerned

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Raccoon was doing that around the bottom of mine so had to reinforce the wire fencing I have around the bottom that the net attaches to. Also added these little prickly boards around one side of the path edge so they can't stand there and try to get in. Little staples that my hubby put in them.
IMG_9107.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Get yourself a trail camera and you will know how, when and who is doing the damage.
They take great color (black and white at night) videos or stills, activate with movement, run for a long time on batteries and record on an SD card. Pull the SD card and view the culprit on your computer.

Ask a Question