If you want a hoot...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
...search here for your first post (especially if a lot of time has gone by and you were a newbie like I was! Was fascinating reading my original ideas, both good and bad, reading responses from some of you that still post and some I've not seen since. And, I got my FIRST j.w anigif (welcome version; a fish), which was just a precursor to what I've seen since! I evened asked if Pandora's box had been opened and wouldn't you know? She had one of THOSE anigifs too!

Anyway, just sharing a captured moment! 11 years for me and the time sure seems to have flown!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Time does fly!

first ever

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine first posts are kinda sad. I began my did my adventure the day before x mass 2017. And this was when Meyer Jordan was not doing well and passed shortly there after. Though I never got to realy converse with him . His words live on in his posts.
As far as my post words ideas they were and still remain PERFECT a work of art

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
As far as my post words ideas they were and still remain PERFECT a work of art
wouldn't expect anything less from you,m GB!!!

And yeah, Meyer sure added a lot here and many learned to peek past long-held myths and practices. I like that he had modern science behind all his words, along with a professional's long experience. I think you've not had enough time to let your first post rattle any mental sabers yet, but check back on this thread in about 6 more years and see whatcha think then!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Time does fly!

first ever

Ha! I smiled when I read you were going to use a pool pump and I can 'see' the newbie to GPF in your first response; such a change now that you're the BOSS, hey? Kiddin' but it's often in the nuances and details you see the changes, huh?

And definitely made me laugh when I considered a 'first anniversary' gift being a Kubota! I wonder if you're the first woman/wife to have that happen (and LIKE it, too!)????

Hope we get other 'old timers' to chime in and stir up the memories, otherwise, going to be a long winter waiting for the next pond season, huh?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Time does fly!
And definitely made me laugh when I considered a 'first anniversary' gift being a Kubota! I wonder if you're the first woman/wife to have that happen (and LIKE it, too!)????
I love it! Now have a tiller and bush hog attachment!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love it! Now have a tiller and bush hog attachment!
no doubt anniversary #2 and 3 presents, right? Your hubby sure got a keeper (cuz now he can enjoy YOUR anniversary presents too! I mean, can you see him drooling and planning while looking at some fancy stone on his finger??? heh heh).

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
no doubt anniversary #2 and 3 presents,
no down the road I need these for the yard! purchase.

He wears my late hubbies ring, not wedding ring, but a nice diamond. Now wears it as a wedding ring. Now me, when my finger got bigger, darn arthritis, had to have my wedding ring cut off, he designed and had the jeweler make me a new ring. Lets just say it should only be worn when dressed up, but I wear it even when mucking out ponds.

BUT he just bought a 2021 dodge challenger..................loves the hemi!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My first post: Feb 1, 2010 and there is if you will notice an expired smiley at the end.
I have no idea now what a coolgleema is. Must have been way back when we had different little smilies here to choose from.
I have been animation crazy from the start as you can see
1635532950503.gif

Feb 1, 2010
Thanks for having me here. I was told about this site by freddiepeepers. I live in Arlington, Washington. My first pond I built about 9 yrs ago over the septic pipes (not on purpose) and about 3 yrs ago I moved it to the other side of the walkway in case anything ever needed to be dug up in the old spot over the pipes. The current pond is about 2500 gals and contains only goldies and misc. plants. Our weather here has been a warmer than normal one so far and my fish are hungry and active but I'm not feeding yet as here anything is possible weather-wise. I enjoy gardening also and have a green house I use to grow tomatoes mostly.
Walking, biking, camping and just the great outdoors are things I love to enjoy. Hope I can contribute meaningful interactions with you all. jw :coolgleema:

2nd post of course the need to know about animated stuff:

Thanks for the welcome people and hi Freddie. I don't seem to be able to add an avatar of my own. Is there something I don't know about? Maybe it can't be animated? I tried shrinking a still pic but that didn't work either. Ah hah...........or is it the 5 post thingy. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? :coolgleema:

I was finally able to add my jumping whale to my signature way back when but now I guess you can no longer have it in there.
So here he is, my long lost friend Namu the killer whale, :love::

1635533600420.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I’ve read some of mine and all I can say is that I’m grateful that there were a lot of patient members back then!
$64k question though, @Mmathis ; did anyone ask YOU for PICS PICS and more PICS????'

sorry, I saw the irony as too much to pass up!!

I'll be quiet now...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My first post: Feb 1, 2010 and there is if you will notice an expired smiley at the end.
I have no idea now what a coolgleema is. Must have been way back when we had different little smilies here to choose from.
I have been animation crazy from the start as you can see View attachment 143542

Feb 1, 2010
Thanks for having me here. I was told about this site by freddiepeepers. I live in Arlington, Washington. My first pond I built about 9 yrs ago over the septic pipes (not on purpose) and about 3 yrs ago I moved it to the other side of the walkway in case anything ever needed to be dug up in the old spot over the pipes. The current pond is about 2500 gals and contains only goldies and misc. plants. Our weather here has been a warmer than normal one so far and my fish are hungry and active but I'm not feeding yet as here anything is possible weather-wise. I enjoy gardening also and have a green house I use to grow tomatoes mostly.
Walking, biking, camping and just the great outdoors are things I love to enjoy. Hope I can contribute meaningful interactions with you all. jw :coolgleema:

2nd post of course the need to know about animated stuff:

Thanks for the welcome people and hi Freddie. I don't seem to be able to add an avatar of my own. Is there something I don't know about? Maybe it can't be animated? I tried shrinking a still pic but that didn't work either. Ah hah...........or is it the 5 post thingy. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? :coolgleema:

I was finally able to add my jumping whale to my signature way back when but now I guess you can no longer have it in there.
So here he is, my long lost friend Namu the killer whale, :love::

View attachment 143543
yeah, just got a response back from Ian re putting the lil swordy guy you found for me in my siggy; no dice, so may just have to do this...(all the time until I or everyone else gets tired of it!);

smilie sword twirl.gif

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
$64k question though, @Mmathis ; did anyone ask YOU for PICS PICS and more PICS????'

sorry, I saw the irony as too much to pass up!!

I'll be quiet now...
You know, back then I was 100% in the “how the heck am I gonna do this” phase. I was trying to design something that would provide a fresh water source for my non-aquatic box turtles…..as well as be for goldfish — you know, for that whole ecosystem, turtle-safe thing. I think members back then were afraid to ask me for pics, as they were too busy trying to figure out what I was doing, LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You know, back then I was 100% in the “how the heck am I gonna do this” phase. I was trying to design something that would provide a fresh water source for my non-aquatic box turtles…..as well as be for goldfish — you know, for that whole ecosystem, turtle-safe thing. I think members back then were afraid to ask me for pics, as they were too busy trying to figure out what I was doing, LOL!
Mmathis and her bodacious boxies...

Ask a Question