In fun what is the one thing you dont like or hate about the hobby?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dont get discouraged! I didn't post anything cause I don't have any problems! Build the pond correctly and it's a breeze to maintain.
You must have a pet hate diesilplower even if its having food splashed back at you at feeding time :LOL: , its all in fun

Dave

Reaction score
You must have a pet hate diesilplower even if its having food splashed back at you at feeding time :LOL: , its all in fun

Dave

Ok I did get quite upset about something this Spring but it was all my fault. I have a rain barrel that looks like a whiskey barrel. I filled the bottom with river rocks to catch the big stuff and then the top with gravel to catch the small stuff. Over the Winter it began to lean more and more forward, like it wanted to fall into the pond, but it did not. So I went out in the Spring to try to level it out. I thought I had done it but all of a sudden it just tipped into the pond. Now imagine if you will a container filled with about 40 gallons of rocks, falling into the pond, and smashing down onto some potted plants that are sitting on top of cinder blocks.... Knocked the plants all over, the cinder blocks down, and spilled a lot of very dirty rocks into the pond since I had not cleaned the barrel out for the pond season yet. I could not get it out either because it was too heavy. So, I got out my sawzall and cut a big hole in the top so I could scoop the rocks out until it was light enough that I could lift it. Of course as this was all happening I couldnt keep the pond clear and I had a ton of string algea. Yep, I was nearly ready to kick everything into the bottom and cover the whole thing with dirt. Glad i didnt.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wish we could have all been there to witness that dp..............and oh of course to help you clean it all up

Reaction score
Well...I'm a Pisces. Today I want one, tomorrow not so sure.
Get your shovel out
Got two. Short handle, long handle.
See what I mean. :unsure:
Liable to wind up with two ponds.
Happy Fathers Day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
I build my pond to be easy maintenance, but I guess the corkscrew willow leaves would be my biggest peeve....they don't finish dropping until late January, and are too small for most leaf nets. :banghead:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
For me it is looking at my pond and always wishing i could make it bigger. Also having to top my pond off with water. I always feel like i am disturbing the balance. I believe i have some tears in my liner that is under my waterfall so i am having to top off more then in the past.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5B
Fish poo ..... my goldies make tons of it! That makes the string algae very happy, but not me. Other than that, now that I have my pond, there's no way I'd ever give it up.

Cheers! - Paul

Ask a Question