In over my head, building a huge waterfall. Need pointers.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's amazing how indecisive people can be at times. but jumping gee wilikas when she says she wants a pond .GUESS WHAT YOUR BUILDING
Its solving my water quantity problem so I was already sorta hoping we would go here. Plus I have this wealth of knowledge to tap into with all of you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nope nope ! not gonna do it ! I don't do whipped ! But izz love when she tries to fight.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Question for you all: where have you gotten the endless loop straps? I need something that can take 2ton+. Ideas?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All slings are not alike do a Google search for commercial strap endless sling. Though I have used tubular endless before I'd stay clear..

Granger or masonry supply and tractor supply
I would never buy chinese not for the and I would also look for a good pry bar 6 foot long and flatened end

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Tractor supply yes ....harbor um no ......

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
NOT HARBOR FREIGHT. lol
My previous hubby was addicted to harbor freight, when he passed I had multiples of a ton of stuff he bought "on sale" 22 tape measures still in packages, tool kits on and on, all junk tools. IMHO

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I bought there once . Even tool I broke within the first days use. Never again I'll spend the money

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Harbor Freight is ok for hand tools. Things without motors or moving parts. Would not trust my life to one of their straps…

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it has been awhile. @combatwombat knows, we have had record rain in the NW for may/june. Its been impossible.

Last week I decided that rain or not I had to get going on this whole thing. So Thursday/Friday I removed about 70 yards of dirt to hopefully be done with dirt removal and then yesterday finally got started on the waterfall.

I had watched a video about belt strapping rocks and had been able to make that work pretty successfully which was great because there was no way we were going to get straps out from under these rocks.

First rock in:
IMG_0880.jpg

Second Rock in:
IMG_0882.jpg

And since I spaced taking more pictures until the end:
IMG_0883.jpg

Got about 10 rocks in. My brother was able to come hang and help since I was on the excavator. It kicked our asses after 8 hours but we got a lot done.

There will be a smaller pond in front of the bottom rocks. They are positioned about 8" lower than the water level. Once I have more rock in I'll dig the pond and get all that squared away.

I still have a mountain of work to do, but made some progress.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are you sure you want to be starting at the bottom are you going to be able to reach the upper part of the falls or has that been scrapped.?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looks awesome, sir! And yes, the rain has been brutal. I think we got 1.5" in a single day on Thursday or Friday.

Ask a Question