In over my head, building a huge waterfall. Need pointers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Before you complete your edging run the falls see if anything is getting outside the liner you can always create a pool off to the side that's doing nothing but makes the mind think. That's what makes a stunning design when it engages the viewer. Or just extra liner overlaping and directing the water back

Reaction score
Country
United States
Before you complete your edging run the falls see if anything is getting outside the liner you can always create a pool off to the side that's doing nothing but makes the mind think. That's what makes a stunning design when it engages the viewer. Or just extra liner overlaping and directing the water back
That makes sense. I wasn't figuring on doing the edge work until I could start it up. Fingers crossed I can start it up before the end of July.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No rush my good man though it may seem like it's endless the two months or even 4 months is a step in the bucket compared to 20 or 30 years of enjoyment

Reaction score
Country
United States
No rush my good man though it may seem like it's endless the two months or even 4 months is a step in the bucket compared to 20 or 30 years of enjoyment
Unfortunately, it's been 4 years of backyard destruction to get to this point. Thankfully things are moving faster. Trying to have patience.

It'll be far from finished the first time I start it up. But I hear you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
UNDERSTOOD , For the first time in 5 years grass is growing with no prospect of more work .

The wife and I are on vacation as we speak. Sitting at the pond watching the fish, birds, dragon flies, and turtle. On a 70 degree day light breeze puffy clouds LIFE IS GOOD. With no desire no plans at all to leave and go anywhere. Today even somewhere like glacia national park holds no appeal.

Reaction score
Country
United States
UNDERSTOOD , For the first time in 5 years grass is growing with no prospect of more work .

The wife and I are on vacation as we speak. Sitting at the pond watching the fish, birds, dragon flies, and turtle. On a 70 degree day light breeze puffy clouds LIFE IS GOOD. With no desire no plans at all to leave and go anywhere. Today even somewhere like glacia national park holds no appeal.
That is what I am dreaming of. Can't wait.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Quick question: Since I was going to have a pondless I have 9 aquablocks, a pump vault, and a pump vault extension that I know longer need.

Any ideas where to find someone who would be interested in buying them? Discounted off retail... Ideas?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What was your plan for the falls to have a filter and how to collect the water and pump it up to the top of the falls after all this work I'd have to think your not just placing submersible in the water and pipe up to the top.
How big is you pond area going to be?? By the way you got a wise wife. Oh sorry what is it today oh that's right everyone has partners can't say husband or wife. PATHETIC now back to our regularly scheduled questions.
But like cw said an intake bay requires what you just mentioned nothing else. And designed properly they are a great addition to your build.
What I havefound to work very well is A very large intake bay with a shallow and narrow opening to it. This way all the surface debris gets pulled in but then looses momentum and the debris can settle or be scooped up before it reaches the pump area and gets chewed up or pulled into the gravel and locked up. I actually have seen algae start to form on different deposits and the koi come along and eat it up . WORKS FOR ME

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was planning on a skimmer. My pond is about 6-8x10’ so I was going to put a skimmer at the end. Intake bays sound cool but a skimmer seemed simpler… not that anything has been simple so far

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another set of rocks coming tomorrow…

90558148-AE6B-42C1-8522-C8AB7975AF08.jpeg

C2C16B78-A1A8-480A-B164-1B76202A0954.jpeg

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Quick question: Since I was going to have a pondless I have 9 aquablocks, a pump vault, and a pump vault extension that I know longer need.

Any ideas where to find someone who would be interested in buying them? Discounted off retail... Ideas?
Oooh! I wish I could buy those from you.

Feel like taking a side trip to Israel? Free off-road trips and room & board, in exchange for aquablocks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When ponds develope leaks its usualy waterfalls, edges , and skimmer plates.
Intake bay everything sits in the pond but does require a bit more liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oooh! I wish I could buy those from you.

Feel like taking a side trip to Israel? Free off-road trips and room & board, in exchange fo
What are you thinking with using the blocks on was it digging for a bog?

Ask a Question