Inherited Pond, need help!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
Sam.. Tetra make one its called Pond Aqua safe ...i use it all the time just add the amount you need for the amount of water you are adding to the pond sold in most fish places or you can buy it on line

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can find plenty here on the diy or pond construction sight and they are not expensive to make and are easy to make .I made 2 different ones for my pond and total one cost 20 dollars to make as I had the tote and it just cost me for plumbing parts and filter pads and lava rock and laundry bags .Some stuff you may not be able to find there as cheap but you can look around .For filters I used furnace filters and floor buffing machine pads and lava rock as I have had luck with lava rock .You can use so many things .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mewilldz said:
could any body link me to a simple/cheap to make DIY filter for my pond and what pumps etc will i need with it? i want to be able to see the little beauties in there lol. have just taken pics so will post asap

Here you go
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/diy-do-yourself-f9.html

the skippy or doc filter a lot have made

WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

I have used peroxide at the rate of 1 liter per 1000 gallons to help with the algae.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I couldn't remember what you said about how to use ,but knew it was on the sight here somewhere .Can I ask did you pour it in the pond or filter or just clean with it

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I usually use it for string algae, I pour it into my stream. Make sure you have good aeration. air bubblers or water flow

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thank you and one more thing on more list to remember .I tried to get all the info and jot it down in a pad so I can go back and look for what I need

Reaction score
thanks so much all for your prompt and helpful responses, ill try to take the temp of my pond, get some tap water treatment, build a filter and and change some of the water out. :fish: will let you know how i get on

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just a few things to do! lol Any more questions ask away!

Ask a Question