Country
United States
This one hung out on the small lotus buds

DSC01765.JPG

DSC01763.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, I finally waited long enough to see a dragonfly rest on my horse tail (I think that's what it is). Not near as pretty as Scarlett, but I can't be choosy!
Dragonfly.JPG
And I almost forgot my newest addition to my pond area, a metal art dragonfly! He has been present for the last week and a half. :)
My metal art dragonfly.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What do you mean, that Dragonfly has really pretty wings and love your new metal one! I have a metal one on my house near the pond. Had to repaint him as the sun faded him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Mine is metal, with copper rings on his tail. As soon as the copper turns more green, I'm going to get the rust off of the metal part and spray it so it doesn't rust. :) I also got a butterfly at the same time! One on each corner of my deck.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Need to paint mine again and a different color this time as it blends right into the house. Used the darker trim on the house but faded to the whole house color, bummer! Was thinking about trying to paint the different parts different colors to make them look better.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 240
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oooo, JW, those are really neat! Yes, I think you should go psychodelic and paint them bright colors! Your hubby might not appreciate it, but hey, bright colors are IN! :) I love them just as they are, but they would show up if they were different color than the house, and oh how pretty they would be if you painted them bright colors. OK, I have my vote in. LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You're funny Country! Someday, someday I may get around to painting them, lol! Maybe not psychedelic, maybe yellow and black for the butterfly and for the dragonfly maybe red and black, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not sure yet :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
But those are still bright striking colors, JW, and I was being silly with the psychodelic idea. :LOL: My favorite butterfly when I was a kid that collected butterflies was the tiger swallowtail, the yellow and black striped big one! It was very difficult to catch, as they are often high in the air in the woods, at least in the evening. We'll want to see pics when you get them painted! :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha you may have a long wait and yes I too love the swallowtails. Don't see very many butterflies anymore. Seems like when I was a kid there were many more of them. My sister lived in Santa Cruz, Cal. several yrs ago and we went down to visit her one year and the Monarch butterflies were there migrating and there were swarms of them at a park. It was magnifico!

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
Ooooooohhhhhhh, love the new pics! I hope a blue one visits me someday.

J.W., spray paint is quick and easy. Try the kind for metal or the plastic paint. I've had good luck with the plastic paint holding up on metal stuff outside. And I vote for a glow in the dark yellow or orange. :banana:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh glow in the dark...............do they actually have one like that for metal? That would be cool cuz they are right near our front porch!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
LoL I'll paint it bright neon blue w/ reflective tape........think I will fit right into the redneck thread right nicely! Maybe it's a no go on the glow in the dark and back to the nice yellow/ black Swallowtail butterfly and red/black dragonfly :D

Ask a Question