Is aquaponic farming truly viable on a commercial scale?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by crsublette, Feb 9, 2014.

1. crsublette

crsublette coyotes call me Charles

Unfortunately, tough to find diverse information in one concise area since everyone seems to have their own agenda...

There is just so much more information out there I can share... but...

I think the information I have shared helps to explain the fundamentals and the immense potential there is for our ponds...

And... Hopefully, I have helped motivate some folk's imagination on what can be done with their ponds...

If anyone has any questions... I'll do my best to answer them...

Water is a valuable resource and water changes is a necessity of proper pond husbandry... So... put that discharged water to good use... such as a vegetable garden... (y):happy:

I will leave ya'll to it... :cool::cool::cool:

crsublette, Mar 21, 2015
    MitchM likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. crsublette

Better yet... Just checkout the just released official website....

iAVs - Integrated Aqua-Vegeculture System

There is also more information on the iAVS website that I did not previously reference. Good stuff. (y)

crsublette, Apr 13, 2015
    MitchM likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. crsublette

Earthan Edge is now going to progress far beyond what has ever been done before within aquaponics... that is.... Unfettered access to an individual who has actually been, for over a decade, and continuing to be an extensively involved industry engineer within the aquaponic sector, which requires significant knowledge surrounding both the horticulture and aquaculture industry... The individual I speak of is Mr. Van der Werf.

In the past, Mr. Van der Werf has had to restrict himself as to the information he could share since his knowledge and experience is the reason why very high level capital investors, such as the owners of the UAE project, and other very major operations hire Mr. Van der Werf as their primary engineer. Just as a lawyer or medical doctor would not give you free advice, Mr. Van der Werf has had to be careful exactly how much he could publicly share, free of cost. Not anymore!

Far too often, especially within aquaponics, there are many academics, non-profit organizations, small business "flashes in the pan", and armchair forum generals whom are quick to give their expertise on commercial applications where they have near zero, or just a few years at best, of extensive and proven commercial expertise within what is taught.

Now, to unshackle Mr. Van der Werf beyond the limited advice he could share, Earthan Edge has become a premium subscription service for only $12 per month for the first year and subsequent years is only $8 per month. Of course, Mr. Van der Werf will still keep some secrets, but this additional protection on intellectual property rights and compensation will allow Mr. Van der Werf to be more of an open book on, from a proven industrial engineer's perspective, how to get the most out of your aquaponic systems without paying an arm and a leg for a $999.99 "training" course.

For you hippies :love: out there that think all information should be FREE.... Just look at it this way.... first year is only $12 per month FROM FREE and then, each year after, only $8 per month FROM FREE. :happy:

Guess what also cost me $8 this morning... Two breakfast biscuits from McDonalds with a large specialty coffee and taters... So... for only 1 day, just give up this fancy breakfast for something much more valuable, that is a subscription to Earthan Edge. :D

Mr. Van der Werf, an actual proven industry engineer, will also be more open to help individuals looking for commercial consultations on how to properly build operations and marketing. However, his advice will not be restricted to those whom wish to sell their produce.

Whether you are a backyard hobbyist or a budding entrepreneur, everyone will benefit from learning how to get the most out of building and operating their aquaponic system. Keep in mind his advice can also apply to goldfish ponds as well that desire to connect a vegetable garden.

Get ready for an exciting ride. :)

crsublette, May 3, 2015
    MitchM likes this.
  4. crsublette

crsublette, May 5, 2015
  5. crsublette

Dave 54

That's what free health care pays for in the U.S.. oh dear whats the problem with it , Sissy the concept of free health care works well in the UK
    Its free at the point of entry to the hospital its called the National Health Service, one does not have to be on welfare to get health care in the UK even you if you visited the UK would find it free at the point of entry.
    Free health care is something that your country time and again fails to grasp, it has its faultsm just like your own.
    Tell me Sissy what do you do if your medical insurance doesnt cover your treatment which is something that sometimes happens ?
    I believe thats what President Obma wanted to bring to you in the US but was forced by congress to water it down, namely by the republicans

Dave

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Dave 54, Jun 24, 2015
  6. crsublette

Figure eventually I will create a new thread, but, until then, I will just update this one so to have all the information in one concise location.

For those interested wanting to know the ins-and-outs of how to efficiently doing it without wasting time browsing forums, the below products I highly recommend:

Cornell University - Recirculating Aquaculture (RAS) - Distance Course
    http://fish.bee.cornell.edu/distance-course/

The book you get with this is absolutely a must have and an excellent reference book. The course is quite intense and you are allowed to submit questions to the instructors. Timmons and Ebelling are spending their life to improve the RAS industry and made many contributions. I very highly recommend this.

Online College of Aquaponic Engineering and Design
    http://www.collegeofaquaponics.com/

This is done by Chatterson Farms (Ryan Chatterson, https://www.facebook.com/ChattersonFarms).

Just launched a week or so ago... However, from those whom were able to go to his farm for one of his classes, they have ranked the content up there with Timmons and Ebelling and Mr. Van der Werf. I bet the online course will be just as stellar.

Definitely checking them out.

crsublette, Apr 19, 2016
  7. crsublette

peter hillman Let me think for minute....

peter hillman, Apr 20, 2016
    crsublette likes this.
  8. crsublette

HARO Pondcrastinator

HARO, Apr 20, 2016
  9. crsublette

peter hillman Let me think for minute....

30 years on the job!!! Unfortunately new ownership and management made it no longer worth the money.... I QUIT! I start Monday, a new job, a new life I feel better already.

peter hillman, Apr 21, 2016
  10. crsublette

HARO Pondcrastinator

Well in THAT case... ALL THE BEST IN YOUR NEW ENDEAVOR!
    John

HARO, Apr 21, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question