Is it to late for breeding?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey sorry I’m new to this breeding. I’ve had a rough month and today I went out to do a more thorough cleanup of my pond than I have been doing I usually just take a skimmer and take all the algae out. Just about a month ago I vacuumed my pond. But today when I went to skim it. I see fish little fish. I was googling and didn’t take a pic lo. At first I thought the neighbors kids put like minnows ( cause that’s what they look like). But I know they wouldn’t do that without my permission. Then I was thinking, maybe something came in the plants. The plants I got 2-3 months ago and I just noticed it?? No!! They look like minnows and there are about 5 that I see. I have 2 regular koi I don’t know the kind of hand 1 butterfly and a goldfish in my pond. Are they still having babies at this time of year. I so have no idea!!? Im going to try to get them within the next couple of days and put them in a 30gallon aquarium in the house.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes still spawning, mine chase now and then, eggs laid earlier, have hatched, you are just now seeing them as they grow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If they have survived in there w/the other fish this long, they will prolly be ok to just leave in the pond. If you want tho you can move them into the house, use pond water, and watch them grow into whatever they are................it's not illegal :joyful:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You don't have to worry about anything in the pond not even feeding them

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Then you get a big pond with loads of landscaping and the game is on. But that was my choice not much maintenance in a boulder.

Ask a Question