Is this a normal feeling or a "Close Encounters" change of life?

Reaction score
Heck you look NORMAL to me! We have the same problem our neighbors house sit up high on a hill then ours. There first floor bedroom window looks directly into my second story windows if that gives you a picture -_- And I'm they same way as you, if it's free, and I can use it in some way I bring it home :)
Who cares what they think anyway, if they frown on us for recycling, then P### on them :p I think your pond is gonna look fabulous! My favorite is rocks, I haven't paid for one of the sandstone stone or rocks ive used, found them ALL. :ROFLMAO:

Ah, your a good example of how I shouldn't feel so bad for myself, sorry! I looked at your pics and LOVE them. What are the specs on your pond? Another bat to put into my belfries is that I keep picturing my cats and dog loving this stream and pond! I did buy a large piece of slate for a bridge crossing the stream. FOR MY CATS TO SUN THEMSELFS ON AND WATCH FISH!!! Anything for the furry critters!!

Reaction score
I didn't take a picture of it, but I can tell you that my yard had your yard beat!

I had my little pond disassembled and dug deeper at the same time that we had our bluestone patio cleaned and tuck-pointed. So EVERYTHING on the patio (which includes patio furniture, a ton of plant stands for my orchids and a ridiculous number of pots) and the entire pond components were all in the middle of my lawn. Plus a pile of dirt!

It looked like the Clampetts had moved in. I'm sure it was driving my OCD neighbor nuts (the one who cuts his lawn twice each time).

I think its your job to help keep your neighbor "balanced" when times of upheaval come their way! Their brains will have experienced the situation before (your yard) and be able to not go crazy! Thank your for help society!

Reaction score
Yah love those type of neighbors, the kind that pick up the single leaf that blows into thier yard lol

They don't have 1 tree or plant in their front or back yard!!!! The Mr. works at a greenhouse and wants nothing to do with yard upkeep other then mowing!! Strange, all the plants in my yard have to be tough cause I'm not a babier and I have more than you can shake a stick at!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha guess it's a good thing our liners aren't see through. Would really give those neighbors a hoot! We have a neighbor that will ask when we are going to mow the lawn,are we going to water the grass, on and on. They don't have one fallen leaf allowed to stay on the ground. I pull weeds and throw them on the grass in piles to wait for the next mow. I know that just kills them to watch. We don't bag our grass clippings either, ho hum and we still need to paint our outbuildings since we painted the house last year. I mentioned to my hubby that we should paint a pond mural on our house side that faces the street :p

Reaction score
Crazies I say! They need to worry about whats in their yard. And JW?! He asks you when you are going to mow?!?! Id go get the mower and tell him "have at it, I got ponding to do anyway :p HA!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I take the plant trimmings by the tractor load and dump them in the woods, they sort of disappear over time, the wildlife loves them.

My one neighbor used to mow a mower wide strip inbetween our houses to let me know it was time to mow.....................geez............now I mow the whole area, my zero turn is fast, get it done pretty fast.

When I purge the bog and pond I just toss the plants etc over the bog berm, they poof away. Glad we are not in a hmo development, we would be written up constantly. Other things end up on the lawn waiting for me to mow, my tractor mulches them away.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I would not live in a big hmo development. We are supposed to have started an association but heck there are only 5 houses in here and nobody really cares about it and the one house that are neat freaks don't really complain to us they just kinda laugh and say stuff but you know what they are thinking. We had some kind of rules that the builder gave us like only can have wood fences and buildings have to match but no one is abiding by them so oh well who cares.

Reaction score
The young couple on the other side of us, we barely see. Hubby and I take bets now, when we mow the grass, on how long it take the husband to get the lawn mower out and mow. If we never mowed, he wouldn't either lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
my mowing gets done when I feel like it, actually keep the grass in the 4 inch range. The other neighbors used to scalp their grass every time he mowed, and that darn creeping charlie was taking over even our yard. So I told him if he mowed higher the weeds would be less, the grass nicer, and less mowing. He did that, now weeds gone sort of, grass growing great, he is happy I told him.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
here they have no rules and when I bought my lots there were only about 9 houses and the road dead ends .On my side of the road it is the hill side and the other side is the low side .There are only 4 other houses up high and back far off the road like mine .Thing is most seem to not take very good care of there properties .They mow and that is about that .

Ask a Question