It works!

Reaction score
Country
United States
There has been hardly any leaves getting in! Yay! The days of cleaning gross, slimy leaves out of the pond in the spring are over. Of all my attempts of netting the pond this one has worked the best.

image1.JPG

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 150
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last year I didn't do anything to keep the leaves out. What a big mistake. Spring cleanout was the worst ever hauling out the leaves with a pool net. I had to go through those leaves pulling out the snails and newts that were in them. I also think the decaying leaves killed all but 3 of my gold fish and all the frogs.

This year I was determined to get a net that worked. This design has been the best.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Good for you!!!

I did a net this year... but... the leaves from Willow oak are smaller than the net's opening :cry: so I still have a lot that just go through the net...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
Built a similiar net this year and it's been grest. Leaves every where but in the pond!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Great work! Pond nets make life SO much easier in the fall. I would literally have to be out there 3 times a day, if not more, scooping leaves and cleaning out the skimmer net if it weren't for the big net covering the pond...and now that we have hit the end of daylight savings, I am getting home from work in the dark. Not easy to deal with the pond in darkness.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great work! Pond nets make life SO much easier in the fall. I would literally have to be out there 3 times a day, if not more, scooping leaves and cleaning out the skimmer net if it weren't for the big net covering the pond...and now that we have hit the end of daylight savings, I am getting home from work in the dark. Not easy to deal with the pond in darkness.

I also don't "see" my pond either until the weekends due to getting home in the dark. I do get out the big flashlight so I can look in the skimmer and see what is going on in there.

Also, I don't see my chickens either :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
I also don't "see" my pond either until the weekends due to getting home in the dark. I do get out the big flashlight so I can look in the skimmer and see what is going on in there.

Also, I don't see my chickens either :(

I bought one of those cheap flashlights on a headband (like a coal miner light) so I can deal with the skimmer box and de-icers with both hands instead of having to hold a flashlight at night. There is nowhere to set a flashlight down, either, by the skimmer box to allow for enough light to see what's going on.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am lucky, the three big trees tend to dump leaves everywhere except the pond, the three that are near to it, 10 feet and 20 feet away. The prevailing wind sends them away from the pond.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Going topless this year. The leaves must've dropped during a wind storm, normally I have a good 6" in the front and millions of smaller leaves it the pond area. Trees are 90% bare and the leaves are also 90% gone. I got the entire front yard into one trash can which is normally 15 or more large bags. The pond doesn't look like it needs anything.(y)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wonder could you put plastic over it to make it into a hot house type set up .I am thinking of trying it out this year on half my pond .The hoop house only covers half of it .I got 20 mil clear plastic(paper inside roll says pvc ) at the flea market for 15 dollars for a roll of 12 feet wide by 50 feet long .The guy wanted 25 dollars for it but got him down .I could cover the other half ,but wonder how it would hold up to snow on it .If it gets damage at least it is only half .If it works then maybe try the whole thing next year ..

Ask a Question