JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Working on making coasters for the first time, so I'll see how they hold up over time. I made the Stearman (bi-plane) for myself, then had a request for the F-14 and P-51. Pretty much done with them, just have to seal them. All I have on hand is polyurethane, so they'll look more orange when they're finished. I did a combination of wood burning and painting.

IMG_2437.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My grandma likes rooster decorations lately so I made her this for Christmas. I tried something new by painting the wood white and then sanding it down quite a bit to give it more of an imperfect look. Unsure how I feel about it, but it looks better than the significantly more orange wood color that it original was. The rooster is more of a quick-style painting, similar to a rooster calendar she has, although I gave the head more detail than the body.

IMG_2448 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Finished up my aircraft projects. Gave everything a couple coats of polyurethane.
I think I'm just about done craft making for the year. I have one or two more ideas I might do if I feel like it.

The finished PT-17, F-14, & P-51 coasters. I was interested to see how slippery the polyurethane would make them. And it did. :ROFLMAO: It's not terrible, but I'll have to think about if there's a better way to go about it in the future.
IMG_2455 copy.jpg

and the finished SR-71 pyrography. I painted the pavement that it's sitting on, darkened the buildings, and then added polyurethane.
IMG_2452 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Made a Milwaukee Mile track outline over the past couple days. I think it turned out decent. Cutting perfect curves is tough. I tried to match the blue from the track's real walls, and then matched the actual font of their logo. I'm in the process of making one of the walls in my house a racing wall. I'm hoping to add some more photos to it if I get out to a race or two this year.

IMG_2663 copy.jpg

IMG_2664 copy.jpg

Years ago I made this Road America track outline, but I never did anything else with it, so now I'm thinking about painting it up and adding their logo to and including it on my "racing wall".
ra.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
As a matter of fact, I did paint up my Road America track outline and added it to my racing wall.

IMG_2826 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Made another 3" ornament. A painting of an Eastern bluebird on birch within the shape of Wisconsin. I'm considering selling a few locally, although I'm struggling on pricing. It's so hard to put a price on handmade crafts.

IMG_5182.JPG

Ask a Question