Just a few of our koi going to the show this year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, great fish! I like the Kujaku and the Ochiba shiguri. The Matsuba is great too. I want your fish :LOL:
Zman you are young my son but you will learn young grassgopper :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :) ;)(y)
Patience and understanding of our hobby comes with time (y) then comes enlightenment :eek:

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I like them all, but find the last one most interesting. I have no idea what they are named.....this "old" grasshopper has much to learn:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Luck !! Dave
Thank you DrCase
I like them all, but find the last one most interesting. I have no idea what they are named.....this "old" grasshopper has much to learn:)
There are twelve classes of koi you'll have to learn then Tula it can becombe very complicated because you also have the douitsu varieties of everything to take into concidration as well as the normal ones .
Then you have a thirteenth class for all the koi that wont fit into the first twelve there it gets very confusing indeed
This link should help you with them all ;-

http://www.eastofenglandkoishow.co.uk/exhibitor-information/show-classes

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Thank you DrCase

There are twelve classes of koi you'll have to learn then Tula it can becombe very complicated because you also have the douitsu varieties of everything to take into concidration as well as the normal ones .
Then you have a thirteenth class for all the koi that wont fit into the first twelve there it gets very confusing indeed
This link should help you with them all ;-

http://www.eastofenglandkoishow.co.uk/exhibitor-information/show-classes

Dave

I looked at the site...I don't think I have nay that fit into the show categories......I must have koi mongrels :)

Reaction score
That fit into the thirteenth class :LOL:
Dave

Dave I know your busy, but I finally caught my white butterfly:happy: I got her last fall; she was 3-4 inch long, she is now 10.5 inch long. Dave does her back look blue to you?? I was very surprised when I got her out of the water! She's beautiful !
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's also starting to get ki spots w/ what looks like could be black around it? What do you think?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 224

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I would think that would be called a Matsuba, But from the looks of it the scales came from an Asagi somewhere in the genetic line. Very beautiful Butterfly. Love how clean and white the face is, Hopefully the scales will stay that blue color, if not they may darken some and look even more like a Matsuba. Either way you can't really go wrong, I can't see this one ever getting bad looking no matter what it does.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I would think that would be called a Matsuba, But from the looks of it the scales came from an Asagi somewhere in the genetic line. Very beautiful Butterfly. Love how clean and white the face is, Hopefully the scales will stay that blue color, if not they may darken some and look even more like a Matsuba. Either way you can't really go wrong, I can't see this one ever getting bad looking no matter what it does.
Yes I totally agree with you on that, its a Matsuba but what I dont get they dont have yellow scales bt this has more than a few very nice though , from what I know about koi and colouration they can always suprise you (y)
In my latest koi book "Nishikigio Mondo", there was one koi that looked as though he'd been splashed with more than three different colours like some artist throwing cans of paint at a canvas it did very well in the show it was in the All Japan Show winning Unique :)

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We had good weather blue sky's and white clouds about 24c at the show today, with lots of visitors :happy:.
We met quite a few old friends some former members some from other societies along with Vals Aunt and Uncle who were over the moon with the results of her surgery, we had a long chat with them and walked round the show ground stopping to sit for rests until we got back to the vats to await our results (y)
The results of the koi show . well we took 8 koi and six got prizes
Ochiba 1st in Size Two. :)
Matsuba 1st in Size One. :)
Koromo 2nd in Size Two. :)
Doitsu Goshiki 2nd in Size One.:)
Ogon 2nd in Size One. :)
Gin Rin Showa 2nd in Size. :)
Sadly for some reason the judge didnt rate the Kujaku I dont know why as its a really nice koi, nor the showa but hey you cant win them all :(
Six out of 8 is a real good result sadly though no top Best in Size wins the last being a 2nd Best in Size One in 2011:cool:
Now my Fybro is threatening to start playing up and my legs and knees really hurt , Val is fast asleep in her chair :LOL: ..... but are we happy (y):cool::);)

Dave :happy:

Reaction score
Thank you guys! I do hope it keeps the scales :) The matsuba throws me off because it doesn't have the markings on the face, but I guess that's ok huh?
I would say I got very lucky on this one lol. Got it at a bait shop when I got the RReds...Only paid 5$ :cool:....
Can you believe it?! It's fins looked peachy when I brought it home. Hoping it's a female. ( fingers crossed )

Ask a Question