Just needed LOTS of plans

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
So I have a lot of little pots in my pond. I stick little potted plants in them, and add fertilizer spikes.

I was previously stingy with the plans. I went out one day about bought like 20 plants from the local pet store and stuck them in. Now they are all growing, the fish aren't destroying them, and the pond looks great.

More plants really solves just about everything.

I have one or two that seemed to slip out of the pots and into the gravel. I will probably relocate them out of fear they puncture the liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
What plants did you buy?

Horrible answer- I don't even know. The Petco near my had a lot of them.

I just bought everything that looked good.

Great thing about Florida, tropical plants work.

A lot of Swords, some twisting bamboo, some various pondweeds. I'm looking to take some pictures.

Reaction score
There are clumping bamboos and running bamboos. There are slow growing clumpers that you can get from an actual bamboo nursery.Make sure you get any bamboo from a trusted source. I know someone who bought a clumping variety from ebay and planted in their back property. It ended up an acre away in front of the house a few yrs later lol. Also if you get any, make sure it can survive in your cold hardiness zone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
There are clumping bamboos and running bamboos. There are slow growing clumpers that you can get from an actual bamboo nursery.Make sure you get any bamboo from a trusted source. I know someone who bought a clumping variety from ebay and planted in their back property. It ended up an acre away in front of the house a few yrs later lol. Also if you get any, make sure it can survive in your cold hardiness zone.
Miami, FL - we don't do cold. :)

Ask a Question