sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But if you just put the plastic lattice on top and then the plants it will give the plants something to grab hold of ..I have my one filter done like that This way if I have to take the plants out I just pull the lattice up .I got the small grid lattice because it is sturdier and heavier duty .

Reaction score
well my homemade waterfall weir broke on me today and drained about 4 in of water before i stopped it. so now i have that problem to deal with. i cant wait for sparkly clear water.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well my homemade waterfall weir broke on me today and drained about 4 in of water before i stopped it. so now i have that problem to deal with. i cant wait for sparkly clear water.

It is always something.........even when the pond has been up and running for a while, glad you were home to catch it before your pond drained dry.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Geez that could have been a real headache for you to come home to. Glad disaster was diverted. My hubby made me a waterfall out of stainless steel. Won't rust and will never break.................knock on metal!

Reaction score
Geez that could have been a real headache for you to come home to. Glad disaster was diverted. My hubby made me a waterfall out of stainless steel. Won't rust and will never break.................knock on metal!

can he make me one i would gladly pay for it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
go to a catering supply place if you can find them also they have stainless steel pans you can have cut and welded real cheap .I saw it on you tube

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
can he make me one i would gladly pay for it.

He said if you lived near us he would consider it but would be hard to do it from here and design it just for you and shipping would be something else. Sissy has a good idea up above.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok I think we are talking about two different things. You are wanting a weir. My hubby built me the whole filter box out of stainless. He needs to make me a weir for it that is like a letterbox style cuz he just made a flat ledge and the water doesn't flow the way I want it to. I think somebody on here makes weirs and sells them. Was it koiguy or ?
The one I want my hubby to make is something like this but w/ the box thingy. I just want him to weld the enclosed slot to my stainless filter box. I could then put a piece of slate rock on top to make it look more like natural rock to match the look of my pond.

Attachments

• IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 222
  • NONAME40.jpg
    NONAME40.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 261
Reaction score
well i got my weir all taken apart, realigned to the opening in the concrete wall and then i siliconed it back in place. it seems to be holding for now. it wasn't leaking when i checked last. now i have the pot scrubbers in the nylon laundry bags from walmart and they are working wonderfully. the problem i have though is that there is a lot of open space for the water to go around and not thru the filter material. so I'm getting a lot of bypass, unfiltered water going right back into my pond. i think i have an idea how to stop it but that means more $$$ on more pot scrubbers and laundry bags. i guess i have to though my wife is always asking when the water is going to get clean.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What if you added some of the plastic fencing the drdave uses in his filter. It is about $10 for a 3' by 25' I think, you could cut it to the size you needed then you could put the scrubbies where there is open space. This would give you good coverage for the beneficial bacteria to grow on.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
the replacement screen for doors windows, works great too, not that expensive just unroll it and crumple it up.

Ask a Question