kitchen redo...........good winter project!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy, what was the price comparison on the cabinets .... you put together vs. same thing already put together?
The cabinets we have bought at home depot lowes, ready made at the store, are not the quality of these. For this quality it would be at least double what we paid.
They are all dove tail joints (drawers), solid wood, zero composite wood. The finish is tough. The put to together takes a screw driver. They use those connectors that you place the two pieces together and twist the screw and a metal half circle locks them together. The drawers take screws. Easy to do once you do one. Just don't make the first cabinet be a lazy susan (like I did), do a simple one first. All the drawers do that soft close, that is nice, bump them and they shut them selves.

They are always having sales too. We bought 22 cabinets, two upper corner ones, one lazy susan, one blind cabinet (those are the highest dollars)

I am very pleased with them.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wish I had done something like that when we did our kitchen. Did custom made from a design shop. Getting new furniture fro kitchen from Wayfair. Took a chance buying online but they offer free shipping. You do have to put the furniture together but all solid wood and allen wrench and screw driver only tools needed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
What was the brand you bought, Addy? My cabinets are original, so over 35 years old. The good thing is they are solid wood, except for the bottom of the drawers, I think. But, they are outdated. Problem is I hate my galley kitchen, and only way to expand is to add onto the house, as stairway is on the other side. Ho hum .... Doesn't hurt to check them out, though!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
These CE cabinets to go. We just took in the measurements, on graph paper, into the store and they figured out the sizes we needed to fill the space. I specified the corner up and lowers that we wanted, and the base and uppers to make the island. The cabinets come in 3 inch increments up to 36 inches.

http://www.cabinetstogo.com/ic280Collectionfrm.asp?prodno=STJAMES*WC

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The main reason I love living here is a lot of the furniture manufacturers are here .I got all my furniture from the warehouse at discount 1 of a kind sample furniture for those furniture shows they have in NC .They decide which ones they are not going to make and do sample sales .My stone and metal tables in my living room cost me less than 300 dollars for 3 end tables and sofa table and coffee table .I think the reason no one liked them is because they are so darn heavy .Those places that sell kitchen cabinets you assemble your self are made of solid wood ,Cliq is another cabinet place that also does the design of your kitchen online .I love lumber liquidators for there Dan River mills wood floors

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We use lumber liquidators a lot for the flooring in our rentals. Always have good deals and good products.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good deals great deals and a better selection than the big box stores and better prices .

Ask a Question