Koi fishes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Um... "the" good place? Is there just one good place? A few more details might helpful.

For example "hi! My name is Maya! I've had a pond here in "Wherever" for XX number of years. My pond is XX number of gallons and I have XX number of koi. But as they have been successfully reproducing, I suddenly find myself with too many koi and I'd like to try selling some. Any suggestions would be welcome".

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am sorry I didn’t introduce myself very well on my post.We are located in Willow Springs Illinois,because of moving to another state we have to sell our fishes .
Thank you ,

Reaction score
Country
United States
Um... "the" good place? Is there just one good place? A few more details might helpful.

For example "hi! My name is Maya! I've had a pond here in "Wherever" for XX number of years. My pond is XX number of gallons and I have XX number of koi. But as they have been successfully reproducing, I suddenly find myself with too many koi and I'd like to try selling some. Any suggestions would be welcome".
I am sorry I didn’t introduce myself very well on my post.We are located in Willow Springs Illinois,because of moving to another state we have to sell our fishes .
Thank you ,

Reaction score
Country
United States

I am sorry I didn’t introduce myself very well on my post.We are located in Willow Springs IL ,we are moving to another state we have to sell our fishes .
Thank you ,

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
BW kitty.gif
@Maya

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You may have more luck trying to find them a new home rather than sell them. Chances are they aren't worth much in terms of money, but they are valuable to you as pets.

How many koi do you have and how big/old are they?

Being that you are in Willow Springs, you aren't all that far from Aquascape in St. Charles. I woud consider contacting them and ask if they have any new pond owners near you who might be looking to stock a pond with some fish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You may have more luck trying to find them a new home rather than sell them. Chances are they aren't worth much in terms of money, but they are valuable to you as pets.

How many koi do you have and how big/old are they?

Being that you are in Willow Springs, you aren't all that far from Aquascape in St. Charles. I woud consider contacting them and ask if they have any new pond owners near you who might be looking to stock a pond with some fish.
20 plus koi, big maybe 6-8 rest of them are medium and small sizes.We do have them since 2021,we bought all of them from Aquascape ,we did contact them they are not taking fishes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would try Facebook marketplace and Craig’s List. Start with a reasonable/low price, and you can always drop the price if they don’t sell. Also contact fish fancier and garden clubs, landscaping businesses, and pond installers.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would try Facebook marketplace and Craig’s List. Start with a reasonable/low price, and you can always drop the price if they don’t sell. Also contact fish fancier and garden clubs, landscaping businesses, and pond installers.
Thank you for your reply.
We did contact pond installers they are not taking fishes.On Facebook we are not allowed to sell fishes.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nextdoor.com or Craigslist or maybe koi pond clubs in your area. Have you tried Koiphen.com?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
The Midwest Pond and Koi Society -- mpks.org in the Chicago area might be a good contact for you to rehome them.

Ask a Question