Koi food..

Reaction score
Since this is my first real pond out doors i figured i would see what you all feed your Koi?

I feed a HI quality pellet and flake twice daily. But occasionally throw in watermelon, orange, breads, ect..

Is there anything i should really stay away from that could hurt the koi or the water? Like dogs and chocolate?

Thanks
--Craig

Reaction score
I would not give them bread, go for green foods as this is similar to their natural diet. Some grow duckweed and give them this floating aquatic plant to gulp down.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Here in So Cal we have a lot of ponds. I personally know quite a few folks with Koi ponds. One of the foods that surprised me is steamed rice. Koi love it and will almost fight over it.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My experience has been they won't eat anything that is not good. They seem to be finicky and thats good. I too would be interested in hearing about anything they would eat that is not healthy.

Ask a Question