sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I did mine half above and half below ,but on 1 side it is even with the sidewalk .I love building bridges .I have 5 of them now .1 bridge is just to get my lawnmower over to the other side .I take pics of things and then try building them .I love your planters hanging off your bridge .I was thinking of trying that but on the bottom of my bridge so the plants almost touch the water .Thinking of putting creeping jenny in them .I love how you still have rocks along your pond side and yet it is retaining wall block .Is the whole thing retaining wall block .The reason I ask is the last pic looks like part of the yard

Dee

Reaction score
I did mine half above and half below ,but on 1 side it is even with the sidewalk .I love building bridges .I have 5 of them now .1 bridge is just to get my lawnmower over to the other side .I take pics of things and then try building them .I love your planters hanging off your bridge .I was thinking of trying that but on the bottom of my bridge so the plants almost touch the water .Thinking of putting creeping jenny in them .I love how you still have rocks along your pond side and yet it is retaining wall block .Is the whole thing retaining wall block .The reason I ask is the last pic looks like part of the yard
Hi sissy yes it is a retaining wall because the pond is on the high side of my yard, thanks for giving me a ideal, I will go to pike nursery tomorrow to get some creepy jenny. Do you have any suggestion on what can of plant I can use around my pond, I want more greenery than anything ? I live in Georgia so we have a lot of red clay down here

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
red clay here too , liriopi and hucera and I love hostas for shady areas .Elephant ears ,canna's for height .I love the combo of black elephant ears and green ones /Phlox looks great and love to put artemisia ,lambs ear and dusty millers together for silver garden

Attachments

• 2013 house 011.JPG
    2013 house 011.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 2013 house 015.JPG
    2013 house 015.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 224
  • pond 10 21 2013 electric marks 012.JPG
    pond 10 21 2013 electric marks 012.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 203
  • pond 10 21 2013 electric marks 035.JPG
    pond 10 21 2013 electric marks 035.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 225
  • pond 10 21 2013 electric marks 036.JPG
    pond 10 21 2013 electric marks 036.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 225
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dee you must be from Australia :D almost broke my neck looking at that top photo :)
Welcome to the forum nice pond you have there , how many gallons is it ?
How many koi do you have ?

Dave ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Good question do you have koi or goldfish or a combo

.By the way lucky you to have nice shade My trees are just getting big enough for shade

Dee

Reaction score
Dee you must be from Australia :D almost broke my neck looking at that top photo :)
Welcome to the forum nice pond you have there , how many gallons is it ?
How many koi do you have ?

Dave ;)
Hi Dave sorry for getting back to you so late lol no i am not from Australia ---- I am from atl Georgia my pond is about 7,000 gallons. I will try to post better pictures , I have about 50 koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dave sorry for getting back to you so late lol no i am not from Australia ---- I am from atl Georgia my pond is about 7,000 gallons. I will try to post better pictures , I have about 50 koi
Ours is a more modest 1,000 gallons imperial, both Val and I would find anything bigger due to our respective disabilities Val has Muscular Dystrophy I chronic osteo Arthritis in both knees :(
How long have you been keeping koi Dee , weve been keeping koi for the last 27 years and are considered the founding fathers of our koi club here in Plymouth which has a solid membership of over 50 families? :cool:
Our pond is a former koi dealership QT pond retrofitted for use as our pond the filters are industrial size and could quite easily handle over 10 6" koi but not nowadays a more modes 10-12 is all that we require it for .
How old are your oldest koi , our oldest two are 27-8 years old ? (y)

Dave;)

Ask a Question