Leaking Pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe check out where it stops see if you can find a wet area. That might direct you to the spot to start looking.
volcanic or coral type rock looks great but is so course water will leach through the rock constantly. the good new it is almost always soft and easy to cut . So putting a liner in may not be as bad as you may think. USING A HAND HELD GRINDER AND or aa cut off saw you can cut a slot at or slightly above water level slip the edge of the liner in use something like wood shingles to wedge the rubber in at spots to temporarily secure it in the cut . then you can use a hydrolic cement or even a black silicone "fish friendly" one the silicone sets then you can pull out the wood shims and fill that area . not with caulking i would apply a quick bead under the liner before you insert the liner so you secure the liner well.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All! Here's an update on my progress so far... I spent a few days cleaning leaves and brush from around the pond and waterfall (a truckload). I have been spending a couple hours a day coating in and around the rocks with hydraulic cement. I figure if it still won't hold water at the end, then at least I have a smoother surface to install a liner using GBBUDD's "grinder/slot/tuck" method. My question is what can be done about the color difference? I was thinking a final coat of cement with black/brown (mix the two?) colorant added. Thoughts?

IMG-1931.jpgIMG-1932.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi All! Here's an update on my progress so far... I spent a few days cleaning leaves and brush from around the pond and waterfall (a truckload). I have been spending a couple hours a day coating in and around the rocks with hydraulic cement. I figure if it still won't hold water at the end, then at least I have a smoother surface to install a liner using GBBUDD's "grinder/slot/tuck" method. My question is what can be done about the color difference? I was thinking a final coat of cement with black/brown (mix the two?) colorant added. Thoughts?

View attachment 126548View attachment 126549
COLOR DYES are good at making concrete look like other then concrete but below water line more then likely everything rocks concrete will all get coated with peach fuzz algae if not more aggressive algae

Reaction score
Country
United States
COLOR DYES are good at making concrete look like other then concrete but below water line more then likely everything rocks concrete will all get coated with peach fuzz algae if not more aggressive algae

True. When do you think I should fill it to see if it even would hold water? Cure time says 4 hours. Should I wait a few days or much longer? Also, I was thinking of using black Pond Shield? Does anyone with experience using this know how much it would take? I was thinking of emailing the company with pics and demensions, as well. Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Regardless of what it may say on the bag i know of NO concrete that CURES in 4 hours . Now i have used some expensive mixes and blends on helipads on roof tops and damn,s and dry time has been less than 4 hours but cure time not so little. If you have a lot of fresh concrete then i would acid wash the concrete with muratic acid which will burn off the exposed lime on the surface of the concrete . that is what causes your ph to change and after that i would give it a good 24 hours before adding water.

Ask a Question