Leaking pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have two ponds, approximately 6000 gallons, connected with stream. The upper pond (smaller) has Aquascape Biofall that flows down a stream to larger pond with skimmer and an Aquascape Tsurumi 5PL pump. The pond with the pump and skimmer drains down and the upper pond actually is too high. Do I have a leak or issue with stream. Please help!

Aquascape Tsurumi 5PL Pump

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomektpjaws.gif
@Sara2
Not sure but did you try turning off all pumps and see if the water level drops in either pond?

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Any pictures? When you say the upper pond is too high-you are saying that the water is not draining fast enough into the lower pond leading that water level to be to low? That could be the case if your pump is too strong and there is not enough return volume. Is this a new install or a new development on a system that has been working fine?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i agree with @JRS some information is missing. if the lower pond loses water, it will not go to the upper pond. If there is too small of a opening in the upper pond for the water to drain down the stream and the 9000 pl pushes 9000 but the opening can only handle 8000 then the water will rise making it look like you have a leak as the reservoir will drop to push more water up to the upper pond and it has to rise so enough opening in the stream is exposed for the water to flow

Ask a Question