LED lighting

Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up my stream and pond. I'm almost there.
I am wondering what kind of lights to put in my pond. I am using Little Giant
20 watt halogens under the waterfalls. I would like to use the LED version for inside the pond. What size should I use? My pond is only 3 feet deep in several areas. Would the 12 LED be enough or should I go with 40 LED lights?

Attachments

• pondA.JPG
    pondA.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 369

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum. Please go to the User CP and add your Location.
I think you need to just do it and see if it meets with your approval.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
she speaks of the rocks in the pond, not the stream. the sream rocks are good. the ones in the pond area can be a problem.. fish poop, dead vegetation, uneaten food etc. can settle there and become septic. not really a problem if your only gonna have a few golfish,but as the fish numbers grow so does the problem. but if the extra work isnt a problem for you leave them.

Reaction score
How am I supposed to cover my liner if I don't use a layer of rocks? I hate it when I see rubber or plastic on someone's pond. I want mine to as natural as possible.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Here we go again... Why don't you use the search feature here rather than question what has been answered 50 times?
Rocks are bad news for your fish. If you don't care about them, put them in.
If you care use the search engine.

Reaction score
I put rocks in my first pond too because I wanted it to look natural. They ended up being removed less than 2 months later because cleanup was a nightmare and it made my water yucky. My liner is now a greenish, brownish-yellow and looks pretty natural. I only have rocks in my bog now.
imho

Reaction score
Foboy, I also agree with leeanecastro about the natural look. At first, you will see the liner, and the pond will look a bit unnatural, but after a few weeks, stuff will grow (it always does) and hide the liner. I had the same concern this time last year, and after about 4 weeks, I couldn't see the liner - it was covered with some algae, silt, and other natural by-products. You will NOT regret removing the rocks in your pond. Makes cleaning and walking around in it much easier. Good luck with your pond. It looks great, BTW.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you set a few water lillies in your pond and have some water lettuce, you won't see the bottom anyway. The stream and waterfall are ideal places for the rocks, the bottom is not.

Reaction score
Welcome to forums,
looks good !
At first, you will see the liner, and the pond will look a bit unnatural, but after a few weeks, stuff will grow (it always does) and hide the liner.
Good Luck..

Ask a Question