LED lighting

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to add some lights i can switch on at night when we are sitting around the pond so we can see the fish activity under the water

I was looking at the laguna 40 led lights (to minimize heat and power draw) but i am not sure if they would be strong enough to illuminate the pond

I have a 10 x 20 foot oval pond - 3.5 ft deep

does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.lagunaponds.com/lagunaeng/pondlighting/pgloled.php?link=185

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A friend of mine has them and says they work great. I have no personal experience with them.

Reaction score
i have 2 sets of two hozelock lights, but a couple of things to be aware of, they do get algae over the lenses, and probably my biggest issue is if you have big fish in your pond you do get a certain amount of particles in the water, which you can't see in daylight, but as soon as you turn on your lights you will see every particle, and the bulbs in mine are difficult to replace, to be honest i don't use mine very often and would not have bothered if i had known then what i do now.

mick

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
I got some low voltage LED set for $30 on clearance at Wally Mart. 4 landscape & 2 spots, they work very well with a very bright, very white light - great for viewing fish, safe at 12V, and cheap to run - you never replace bulbs, either. Mine come on at dark.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
like led lights, they do last, very bright lights

Reaction score
I picked up the 2x40 LED PT1565 set for 108 from petsolutions.com with a $5 off coupon from retailmenot.com
Not sure if this was a good price, but cheapest I found after looking around for 10 minutes.

Reaction score
i bought led lights to replace my old ones, in which the seal wore down. Here is what I did, take the lens covers off, rtv around the seal and then put back together. Leave them out of the pond for awhile, i did this for two days.

Reaction score
I love my new lights under the falls. Need to get them on a switch thou as I dont want them on all night every night, but it was fun taking a swim last night to put them in. Looks great. ANd I got 8 more koi so 14 now makes the pond more exciting.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
aviator79 said:
I love my new lights under the falls. Need to get them on a switch thou as I dont want them on all night every night, but it was fun taking a swim last night to put them in. Looks great. ANd I got 8 more koi so 14 now makes the pond more exciting.

any photoes Aviator ?

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
my leds [blue] looks great @ night makes the water a blue tint.Add a timer and they hardly pull any watts

Ask a Question