Life- guard fish

rdk

Reaction score
A week ago another one of my goldfish got stuck. This time in between the float valve and side of the pond. When I freed her she was injured, fell on her side. I thought she was dying. Then the most remarkable thing happened that I could ever see in a fish pond. Two of the other goldfish went one on either side of her and forced her up right! Then the three traveled around the pond at top speed. When they left her alone she flopped on her side, and then this started again forcing her to breathe. This went on for six hours. After this time they stopped and she stayed right side up by herself. She did not eat for several days and stayed far far away from me. Now the water is getting cooler and she is first in line to get fed. It seems that these devices I use to keep them safe like pipes and float valves can turn out to be death traps. RDK

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Is there anyway to move the float valve further away from the side about another inch or two, this should keep them from getting stuck unless you have really really fat fish. Glad to see she is doing ok.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is remarkable, great your fish save your fish.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Really cool act of kindness by fellow brethren fishies and video would have been nice..............next time...............or hope actually it doesn't get caught again by the float valve.

rdk

Reaction score
I am going to try an underwater low water cut off switch, I took down the float valve. I never thought to tape this event, knowing this might be the last min. I might see this fish alive. Too upset. RDK.

Ask a Question