Lilies from seed

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Has anyone grown lilies from seed? I purchased some seeds and planted them per the instructions 2 weeks ago and nothing so far.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had success with those dried seeds that pets mart and walmart sell. They are a dwarf variety and look good in big aquarium. It's a crap shoot whether they grow or not,contact the company that sells them about it and they will replace them and those almost always grow.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can see if the seeds are good by putting them in a glass of water if they float they are no good ,if they sink they are good .My dad used this method for some of his bigger seeds he saved .I used it for lotus seeds

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
You can see if the seeds are good by putting them in a glass of water if they float they are no good ,if they sink they are good .My dad used this method for some of his bigger seeds he saved .I used it for lotus seeds
That's hit or miss. I've grown several types of water plants from those packages.

Ask a Question