lilly pad no bloom

Reaction score
in april i brought two lilliys and now i have10 pads on both plants and i put a jobes plant stick in in april and a few days ago, but no blooms.... pads are green not sure what hte problem is...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some that have bloomed, some that have not. I think with the temperature bouncing we have had the lilies are a little slower this year. Hardies usually start to bloom in may.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine have not bloomed yet this year and last year did not bloom until the end of july

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I still have one bloom that is going to bloom any day now...........hey it's a start and can't wait to see what color it is cuz now I have several different colors to look forward too YAY and thank you addy!

Reaction score
I've had 5 or 6 blooms already this year, but we have had an unseasonably hot spring with some days, temps in the high 80 & 90's. One Lily plant produced 3 blossoms already and I thought that was rather early. I have no idea what the names of the Water Lily's are as a friend gave them to me and just told me they were water lily's. Since then, their leaves have gotten ratty looking, but they still send up newer leaves. I have "dead headed" the ratty and dead leaves and blossoms...not even sure that was correct, but figured I did not need further stuff decaying in my already pea soup pond! ;) I assume they will produce more blossoms later this summer...at least I hope they will. :goldfish:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Any time the leaves or flowers die off, I get in the pond (once enough have died to make it worth while) ratty, yellow, or dead leaves and flowers get pinched off at the tuber. It does keep the stuff from rotting in the pond.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
in april i brought two lilliys and now i have10 pads on both plants and i put a jobes plant stick in in april and a few days ago, but no blooms.... pads are green not sure what hte problem is...
A lack of patience! :wink:
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey Krissy you can go to the introduction thread and post some about you and your pond etc. and we will give you a superb red carpet welcome :razz:

Ask a Question