Lily pads water lilies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Thanks. They’re is a garden Center I go to near me but they always seem to get their pond plants in so late and then they go so fast. Last year there were two lilies left and they both looked half dead. Don’t know if they were local either. I’ll research a bit more. I’m sure there’s got to be a website somewhere that will tell me what types are native to Ontario. Do you have any suggestions for plants for a gravel bog filter. I had creeping Jenny and it seemed to do well but didn’t come back. I know it’s important for them not to have too invasive a root system so they don’t clog the pipes but I would think they have to be abundant enough to actually do some filtering
Creeping jenny probably isn't "hardy"/ perennial as far north as you are. I'll let someone else talk bog plants for the north, as I'm in west central Florida.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Creeping jenny probably isn't "hardy"/ perennial as far north as you are. I'll let someone else talk bog plants for the north, as I'm in west central Florida.
creeping jenny does fine in 6

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Try water willow, good to zone 4, great root mass. Pretty flowers

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
As long as the plants are hardy, they will come back. Tropical plants need to be pulled. I shut my bog down most winters. It is completely above ground and the plants come back.

Ask a Question