Lily rebound

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I brought my Alexa lily back to the woman I purchased it from because it needed to be repotted And was dwindling. She cut off more than half and I didn’t think it would come back…boy was I wrong!

Attachments

• 234EA649-0708-4D0D-AC06-5DFAC63885B1.jpeg
    234EA649-0708-4D0D-AC06-5DFAC63885B1.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very jealous of the greenery your 3 months ahead of us here in ct. Though the ice is almost all gone with the nice 60 degree day we had yesterday. As i was uncovering the main falls who did i see but a small frog. i'LL SEND HIM YOUR WAY @rubyduby

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Very jealous of the greenery your 3 months ahead of us here in ct. Though the ice is almost all gone with the nice 60 degree day we had yesterday. As i was uncovering the main falls who did i see but a small frog. i'LL SEND HIM YOUR WAY @rubyduby
I just had a frog lay eggs last night so yes, I would say a couple of months ahead of you:) On one hand it is SO nice to have flowers blooming all year long. I don't miss the gloomy winter months up North BUT I struggle with heat and humidity, always have, and it is already sunny and 74 degrees here this morning...I don't really mind the 80's now that I am older either but the fact that the nights don't cool down for many months up ahead is disappointing. We only get a glimpse of those crisp mornings that I miss so much. But hey, you can't have it all, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I brought my Alexa lily back to the woman I purchased it from because it needed to be repotted And was dwindling. She cut off more than half and I didn’t think it would come back…boy was I wrong!
Gorgeous, Ruby. Our garden people (here, just a bit north from you) have said we're a week or two away from pruning, repotting and doing the spring opening. The pond is still chilly when hauling lily pots out, to repot. I'll have to look back through the forum to koi-proof the lily pots. My Big Fella (the fish) has taken up a new hobby: weightlifting! (stones from all the plant pots). Yeesh.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Gorgeous, Ruby. Our garden people (here, just a bit north from you) have said we're a week or two away from pruning, repotting and doing the spring opening. The pond is still chilly when hauling lily pots out, to repot. I'll have to look back through the forum to koi-proof the lily pots. My Big Fella (the fish) has taken up a new hobby: weightlifting! (stones from all the plant pots). Yeesh.
thanks SarahT! I just took my pond water temp...it is 69 degrees...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
69 degrees! Spring is in the air here... but it will come crashing back to ground tomorrow in the form of six inches of snow! haha! I did see my hellebores poking their heads up on Sunday, so hope springs eternal as they say!

Reaction score
Country
Peru
How nice and rewarding ! Congrats
Specially motivating for me after a disaster in my pond (i am absolute beginner)
My recirculation pump quit and the up-flow filter dried up: when i came back home in the afternoon found all my hycinths fried in the sun.
Thanks !
Starting from scratch again :happy:

Ask a Question