Little help with Pickering Rush

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I think it's dead maybe i removed to much soil when i re potted. oh well $6 plant will try again next year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
maybe i removed to much soil when i re potted

@Angel bog plants don't need any soil at all - they just need to be IN the bog. Not trying to belabor the point here, but I'd hate to see you make the same mistake again and be disappointed. You can wash the roots clean of ALL the dirt and plant in your bog and plants will go crazy. Just ditch the pot!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@Angel bog plants don't need any soil at all - they just need to be IN the bog. Not trying to belabor the point here, but I'd hate to see you make the same mistake again and be disappointed. You can wash the roots clean of ALL the dirt and plant in your bog and plants will go crazy. Just ditch the pot!

Completely agree and you really do not need to remove the dirt, it will not migrate within your 'bog'.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Completely agree and you really do not need to remove the dirt, it will not migrate within your 'bog'.

I knocked of excess dirt but left what was in the roots. Was not worried about migration as the dirt would settle in bog or eventually get filtered out.

I left the dirt on the roots for the Jenny's and cork screw.

Maybe I drowned it. Or just got a bad plant.

Who knows. Not gonna plant anything this year as winter will be here soon. Perhaps next year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Went to check on my pond tonight and now I am thinking it was slugs as there are 3 in the bog now and the rush was the only broad leaf plant.

Ask a Question