sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey haro we could then call you no fingers :razz: but true it can be a distraction but i use it for when i sit down have a cup of coffee .I am thinking of finishing out the kitchen in the basement and the bathroom .I can build the cabinet boxes and plumbing is all in place and was all done before the basement floor was finished .I could not figure it out at first because I knew it was plumbed out for 2 bathrooms and a kitchen and then had extra a remembered the laundry room .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
He sounds like he knows the risks, Fresia. That's the best way to stay safe! BTW, I'm diabetic too, and the only 'accident' I ever had happened when I was having a low and didn't realize it. A knife slipped and went into my wrist. When your BG is low, it's like working while drunk! Now I check regularly while running machinery. Better safe than sorry.
John

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
Ouch! HARO. My daughter-in-laws uncle has a diabetic pump and he had an attack while driving in Memphis. The police pulled him over thought he was drunk when he tried to show them his pump on his waist they through him down and beat him up. Sweetest nicest man you would ever meet.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've had a pump for 2 1/2 years now. Much better control and fewer lows! Used to get 4 or 5 re-actions per day, and my doctor kept wanting to put me on the pump, but I thought it would be a real pain to be hooked up all the time. Then 3 years ago a young lady we knew (23, I think) died in the night of an insulin re-action, and the doctor's warnings sunk in! I still get lows, but only 4 or 5 a week. Still working on that part, but I love my pump now!!! :luxlove: One "needle" every 3 days instead of 4 a day!
John

Ask a Question