sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow remember when you had to find a pay phone to call and tell people a baby had arrived and then it took people hours and hours of phone calls to this one and that one

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just became a great aunt 2 times this past week Owen was born and so was my other nieces baby but they did not name him yet as they had 2 names picked and can't decide .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I will suggest it haro but don't think they will like there son called that :razz:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I will suggest it haro but don't think they will like there son called that :razz:
Just trying to be helpful!
John
Oh, I think you misunderstood! I meant just use the old Eenie, meenie, miney mo to choose between the two names! :regular_waving_emot
John again

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh well say that but understand they did pick one of the two .they named him easton .oh well

fresia1999

Fresia
Reaction score
Landscapers coming today to build up my pond with more rock and change out some mulch for river rock. Sissy, my hubby got the grid and drain pipe but were struggling about how to fit the rock around it and enclose it.
I am so excited because my fish are coming to me now for feeding. I have them on a schedule (teacher in me :))

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It takes a lot of fiddling with to find the right rocks .I just had to cut a smaller hole than the pipe an set it between 2 bricks at the highest point of my pond before over flow and then gooped it up to make it water tight It was a fight to get the pipe through the hole but with the way my pond is built with straight sides it was the only way I could do it .It is just triel and error uou could also use pond spray foam or go cheaper and buy the foam they use for gaps around doors and windows .The black does not show as much but eventually the other stuff does not show either .You could use both the one kind for under where it will not be seen at all and the black where you may see it .The foam will fill in the gaps and buy rubber gloves to spread it out and use sparingly as it expands a lot .With your gloved hand you can spread it out .It is not easy to put in and over flow drain it took me over 2 hours
to get it right and mine was an easy one .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just have a low spot on the lower edge of the pond. A stack of rocks before the low spot, keeps the fish from being able to follow the water out. The water flows out and down the hill into our back field. Works great for our pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess that is alright if you have the slope , but I don't have a slope and fresia's yard is flat and would just run back in and flood all sides in a heavy rain .I just can't understand why it was not done to start with .I know that is the first thing that i thought of .I have mine run threw the drain pipe and down the side of my ponds outside wall and there is a grated outlet there so if any fish ever did get through the grate they would end up in a bucket i put there .

Ask a Question