Looking For Bog Filter Suggestions

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Andyk,
If you end up rebuilding it, maybe next time build it back just a bit further away from the pond. Then make a pile with some of those big rocks you have laying around to support the wall on the pond side.

My bog is in progress. I guess I'm about 90% done. It's running for two days now and I have to clean things up some. The liner has to be hidden around the perimeter and I need to pile more rocks to support the same wall as you mentioned.

20200504_101506.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, yours looks great. I'm sure it will be way better once the plants start coming in. I had thought about moving mine back, but I don't have much room to move back and I really like a high drop on the waterfall - both visually and for the sound. I'm going to see how this summer goes and try to consolidate all my findings into the redesign for next year. I'm new to ponds and definately learning by trial and error. I'm glad I found this forum since there seems to be a lot of expertise and ideas.

I think you are really going to like the size of your bog. I'm sure it will be much more effective, and, they look nice. Looks like you have a lot of room to play with!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to addiction THE HIGH WITH A DRUG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My bog wall is landscape timbers drilled, rebar through the holes, both ends in concrete. Then covered with the liner. So far still good. Been running since 2010.

Ask a Question