water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lucas_TX said:
Truthfully I don't want the responsibility of fish and protecting them from predators.
Whatever shows up in this pond is gonna show up on its own and it gets to be part of the food web then so be it. I have thought about some mosquito fish if the mosquitos seem to be a problem, having them get eaten would again be just part of the food web. Just don't have much desire to try to protect a bunch of expensive (or even inexpensive) koi.

Teri

The only critter I want to protect is my yorkie.
View attachment 2924
She is watching the pond build and the rabbits that visit
View attachment 3276[/ATTACH]
Her favorite resting spot, on the keyboard.
The fox, owls etc would love to have her, after losing one to a coyote, she is my main focus (well hubby too!)

My pond will be a come and live if you want to pond, well my neighbors are transplanting their green swimming pool frogs and tadpoles once we are up and running.

Send pictures when you get going, you are doing a lot of thinking and it will turn out great!

Attachments

• missy.jpg
    missy.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC00975.jpg
    DSC00975.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 251

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lucas_TX said:
Truthfully I don't want the responsibility of fish and protecting them from predators.
Whatever shows up in this pond is gonna show up on its own and it gets to be part of the food web then so be it. I have thought about some mosquito fish if the mosquitos seem to be a problem, having them get eaten would again be just part of the food web. Just don't have much desire to try to protect a bunch of expensive (or even inexpensive) koi.

Teri

The only critter I want to protect is my yorkie.

She is watching the pond build and the rabbits that visit
View attachment 3276[/ATTACH]
Her favorite resting spot, on the keyboard.
The fox, owls etc would love to have her, after losing one to a coyote, she is my main focus (well hubby too!)

My pond will be a come and live if you want to pond, well my neighbors are transplanting their green swimming pool frogs and tadpoles once we are up and running.

Send pictures when you get going, you are doing a lot of thinking and it will turn out great!

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
fish learn when and when not to hide,especially when the pond becomes suddenly shadowed by an animal..............least mine have learned that.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
fish learn when and when not to hide,especially when the pond becomes suddenly shadowed by an animal..............least mine have learned that.

Ask a Question