Lost 3 gold fish??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The water test's fine the temp's are 55. Photo #2 the tail seems to have a fuzz on it.The photo shows the fish looking full of dots but it is a bad photo.
The #2 photo show's that all of the fish are either hiding or just hanging out on the bottom. Need help before i lose all of them.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 182
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 176

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what are the water tests and do you have an aerator .It could be ich of some sorts .Can't really tell but you hopefully took them out of the pond ,What is the temperature of the pond water .Could any kind of chemicals gotten in the pond .If fish are stressed they get sick fast .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Try quilt batting with you pump hose going into a crate full of it to clean the water .You may have to clean it often but it is worth it to see what could be in the pond .Spray chemicals can travel a long ways

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Try quilt batting with you pump hose going into a crate full of it to clean the water .You may have to clean it often but it is worth it to see what could be in the pond .Spray chemicals can travel a long ways
Don't understand what you are saying.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a waterfall and two aerators running. No spraying going on. Is there anything i can add to the pond water to treat any common problems?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When you say "lost three fish" do you mean they died?

And when you say "water tests fine" - be more specific. Those who understand water testing better than I do will want actual numbers.

And as for treating the pond, it's preferable to treat the fish that are showing symptoms, rather than treating the whole pond. You'll need a quarantine tank in order to do so.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think i know what is killing my fish. About 3 weeks ago i put 25 small Mosquito fish in the pond for the fish to eat. Only the larger fish are dying the smaller fish are ok probably because they are too small to eat them. The Mosquito fish were probably sick and poisoned the larger gold fish. This morning i just touched them with the handle of a fish net and they would just roll over a not even swim away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What should i do with new goldfish before i put them into the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Goldfish aren’t carnivores, they prefer small bugs, and plants. No reason they would poison them, but they could be infected with something like ich, or parasites.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Should i remove all of the fish and put them in a small tank. Then remove all of the water clean the bottom and refill and add a de-chlorinator like Prime and wait about four weeks before i put the fish back.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Can you post some better pictures of the fish? I don't have any idea of what treatment to use if your fish are dying from eating ill fish. How many fish are remaining?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I agree, pictures would help and also more specific information such as how many gallons your pond is and how many fish you have, what type of filtration etc.

Do not add any new fish, until you know why these fish died...and @mrsclem is correct about new fish needing to be quarantined for a while before releasing them into your pond with your fish.

Ask a Question