Messed up. Pond is built on a slope and is very unleveled. Need help.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Attached a picutre.

As you can see the area underneath the waterfall is exposed because of the slope. Do I have to restart and dig up that area? Or can I try to hide it using vines of some sort. I have no idea what to do.

Attachments

• fbsrv3lrixl91.jpg
    fbsrv3lrixl91.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 63
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You could dig a ledge/shelf and add rocks to hide the liner. Or build up the low side to raise water level. Or vines like you said. Or rock-on-a-roll.

If it were me, I’d probably go in that order.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Welcome. I'd build up the low side (@RMaynard beat me to it), as I think that's easier than trying to deconstruct the waterfall. While vines could help hide it, they'll add debris into the pond that needs mucking out more so than the usual pond maintenance.
Nice looking pond, you're doing fine, it just needs a little more work. What filtration does the pond have? If you start building up the low side, it could be a nice planting area that will help with filtering.
Again, welcome.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I would just-deconstruct the whole edge, digging a shelf around the entire edge, so if the water fluctuates at all which it will due to evap., the liner will never be exposed.

If you just raise the low edge, as the edging is now any evap will expose the liner. Your pond is small, you could probably redo the whole thing in an hour or so.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

I would dig a shelf also, add rocks on the shelf up and out of the pond, hides the liner beautifully.
rock edge.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome. I'd build up the low side (@RMaynard beat me to it), as I think that's easier than trying to deconstruct the waterfall. While vines could help hide it, they'll add debris into the pond that needs mucking out more so than the usual pond maintenance.
Nice looking pond, you're doing fine, it just needs a little more work. What filtration does the pond have? If you start building up the low side, it could be a nice planting area that will help with filtering.
Again, welcome.

Thanks, and yeah from what everyone's saying it looks like the best method would be to build up the lower side. The filter im using the basic filter from smart pond, the ones they sell at lowes.

thanks again for the reply

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
aS mENTIONED ABOVE DID THE SHELVES PLACE LARGE ENOUGH BOULDERS TO HID THE DIFFERANCE IN THE SLOPE OR JUST ADD ROCKS ONTO ONE ANOTHER MAKING A STONE WALL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Welcome to the forum!

I would dig a shelf also, add rocks on the shelf up and out of the pond, hides the liner beautifully. View attachment 153809
This is what a lot of us have done to completely hide all of our liner at the transition from water surface to the shoreline.

Create a shallow shelf. Place rocks on that shelf partially submerged, then more rocks built on that.

Do not cut off any excess liner. Tuck it, bury it, cover it, etc.
You never know when you might need a little extra liner.

Ask a Question