Minimum / Maximum Head

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a newbie here and also a newbie to pond life so please bear with me if I sound a bit stupid.

I have purchased a Ecoclear 12000 (Hozelock)

I have set it up but i'm confused with this paragrah of the manual which is part of the filter manual.

it reads

Important! The pump supplying this filter should have a minimum head of 3M (10FT 4psi 0.3 bar and a maximum head not exceeding 6M 20ft 0.6 bar)

Could someone explain this to me please, does it mean that I have to have a minimum of 3Meters of hose between the pump in the water and the external filter?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Wayne

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welkom4.gif
Wayne

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome wmiles, post where you are from and they like you to post in introductions first, but saying that.............
The head is the pressure the pump can supply at x number of feet x size of piping, the other x in figuring head it how high, vertical, your lines run. They are saying your pump must satisfy the amount of flow needed for the filter, with a head of x

You need a minimum pressure to run the filter, but not so much you blast through it, the maximum head. There is no need for 3 meters of hose between the pump and filter.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
wmiles said:
Hi

I'm a newbie here and also a newbie to pond life so please bear with me if I sound a bit stupid.

I have purchased a Ecoclear 12000 (Hozelock)

I have set it up but i'm confused with this paragrah of the manual which is part of the filter manual.

it reads

Important! The pump supplying this filter should have a minimum head of 3M (10FT 4psi 0.3 bar and a maximum head not exceeding 6M 20ft 0.6 bar)

Could someone explain this to me please, does it mean that I have to have a minimum of 3Meters of hose between the pump in the water and the external filter?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Wayne

Welcome. You will find that many of your pond questions and concerns can be answered here. Just take the time to browse and read thru as many of the posting as you can. You will learna lot from the other pond enthusiasts.

Happy ponding,

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I still consider myself a pond dummy old marine and guess I always will lol hows the attack dog doing any more good pics on your sight I have to take a peek you know

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey Rich how's it going? Haven't seen ya around lately. Nice to see ya here :surfing:

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Been around, in & out of this forum trying to keep up with the latest chatter. Started a new job 2 weeks ago in machine shop in Kent, WA, and it is more hours, better pay and so on.

Yesterday I did my routine check on my pond and the power was off to the pond. Thank GOD for the GFI that I installed three years ago. After some snooping and looking into the filter unit I found that the 'glass' submersible aquarium heater had broke inside the containment tube the mounts at the intake of the water pump. I had a spare and did a quick clean up and replaced the unit. It's now running as good as ever. I really need to look into getting a heater that is incased in stainless steel rather than glass.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Cool, I built parts that went into the first Spy satelite back in the early 70's. A lot of other aerospace and stuff (like SDI) over the years before I progressed on.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thank god you found it and no big problems .say hi to that cutie Mr Buttons tell him I'm his number 1 fan

Ask a Question