MISSING GOLDFISH -- ALIEN ABDUCTIONS?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Found some scat in the turtle habitat yesterday. Could have been opossum -- from what I was able to examine, critter was probably omnivore (not a scat expert).

But I have another thought now, as to what happened to my fish, and it upsets me even more than the thought of preds :(. Looking back, maybe about the time they would have disappeared, I was doing some renovating in the turtle "bogs." This involved adding lots of fresh pea gravel. I have plastic lattice separating the turtle-space from the pond. The holes are big enough for the fish to swim through, and they frequently go into the "turtle" side to root around for food -- this was an intentional part of the build as I didn't want to restrict the fish.

I recall the fish were very curious about what I was doing and I had to keep shooing them away so I wouldn't accidentally throw gravel on them. But now I think that may have been what happened..... Oh,my!

Reaction score
I have a nice little pond with a waterfall, and have added lots of goldfish. On several occasions I have found a nice sized garden snake in the pond. Not just swimming from one side to the other, but diving and roiling around. I was worried that it was fishing, but my husband argued that it wouldn't be eating the goldfish. Tonight I netted it out twice and both times watched it quickly return to the water. It obviously has been nesting under the waterfall. I don't mind the snake, although I'd prefer to hear it is just eating algae and not my goldfish! Has anyone else had snakes take advantage of their smorgasbord (goldfish pond)?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If its Alien abduction you dont need us guys you need Moulder and Skully har har lol
Cant see it myself somehow who'd come Trillions of light years just to abduct your fish , they'd take you with them wouldnt they.

connecticut1987.jpg

A photo taken above a conneticut koi pond lol

rgrds

Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Dave 54 said:
If its Alien abduction you dont need us guys you need Moulder and Skully har har lolCant see it myself somehow who'd come Trillions of light years just to abduct your fish , they'd take you with them wouldnt they.
attachicon.gif
connecticut1987.jpgA photo taken above a conneticut koi pond lolrgrdsDave
LOL! Well, there's this whacky, but entertaining show about alien visitations (ANCIENT ALIENS, I think), and one of the theories is that the first peoples on the planet were "engineered" by aliens who came here to mine gold (told you it was a whacky show....) and used "us" as their work force. GOLD. GOLDfish. Get it? ;) Crazy, mixed up aliens!

Ask a Question