Moving on up?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b, 10a
Country
United States
So some good friends of mine used to have a pond and I stopped by to talk to them today regarding maintenance, pumps, critter invasion and the like, and was informed that they still have the preformed pond, pumps and all, (including all the stone) and that it was mine if I so chose.

So...
Should I go for it?
I'm new to "ponding" and have only been around these boards for about a week since I built my little 40 gal "pond."
Am I jumping the gun?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I started with a preform (as did many of us), and with less knowledge than you already have =D The one thing I will say is installing a preform is WAY more annoying than digging a hole and putting in a rubber liner. You have to make it perfectly level and conforming to the shape, dig it bigger than necessary and backfill, and depending on your soil and grade, it could be a challenge (ask me how I know...)

Still though, if it is a choice between preform and no pond at all, DOOOOOOO IIIIIIIITTT!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Go for it. My first pond was a preform and they are a bit of a challenge to install. Back fill with dry sand, it forms easier than trying to get soil around it. Just be warned, you will think it is wonderful for a while and then the need to make it larger takes hold.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
I think I'm gonna go for it...
:eek:
Heck yes!!!! No looking back. No regrets.

image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It's the beverage of choice amongst "grown-ups". I much rather prefer something fruity and/or slushy. Bonus points if there's an umbrella in it!

Ask a Question