My First Pond is under way.

Reaction score
About 30 miles southwest of Toledo. I appreciate the offer, but with the price of gas now a days, I'll probably start out with some feeder comets 'til I get things settled. Should be able to hook up the filtration tomorrow, weather permitting.

Reaction score
It's called my fingers don't always cooperate and I didn't catch the typo before I submitted my membership. If you look under my user name you will see the correction. I have 2 poodles (one toy and one miniature) that are my spoiled rotten babies. I have wanted a "real" pond with a waterfall for a long time and I love to garden...thus my user name.:banana:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
poodles said:
It's called my fingers don't always cooperate and I didn't catch the typo before I submitted my membership. If you look under my user name you will see the correction. I have 2 poodles (one toy and one miniature) that are my spoiled rotten babies. I have wanted a "real" pond with a waterfall for a long time and I love to garden...thus my user name.:D

I've just got back from Holiday and seen this post thanks to a message from DrDave, I've fixed your username for you now :)

Reaction score
After setting the flagstone and before I put all the rocks on top I sealed the edges with Black Waterfall Foam. I then set the rocks on top to make the edges and sealed the inside of them with waterfall foam. I still have some more sealing to do to get it just the way I want it but that will wait until spring.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
It is easy, path of least resistance. If the gap under the slab is very small or non existant, the water has no choice but to go over.

Reaction score
The winter has served me very well. I have learned many important lessons. The most important lesson being that even in the harsh winter of Ohio the pond is still very enjoyable. I decided to leave my waterfalls running all winter and I have had no issues. The ice buildup was a beautiful site. The water running under the ice was just as amazing. Sitting in the living room I could still hear the falls which has always been one of my favorites.

I have also decided to re-do several features of the pond. Son once the snow quits flying and melts away I have learned that I should have taken a little more time when digging the ledges to make sure they are level so plants don't overturn so easy. I also need to dig them a little deeper to keep the top of the pots under water easier. I will also re-do the pond edge to slope them away from the pond slightly hoping to keep the stones from sliding in the pond especially under the added weight of heavy snowfalls.

I look forward to the spring as I know it will keep me very busy. I also can't wait to visit with all my fish.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Good luck with your renovations to your pond...im thinking of digging out my plant shelves myself .. should gain atleast a couple hundred gallons of water volume and i dont really utilize them anyways.

Ask a Question