My first pond.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there everybody!

Have built my first pond, and absolutely love and so does my dog!

I went with an all in one pump which has a 13w uv in it and is 59w for 2500lph - I’m trying to find out if I can add a 2nd filter to the setup as the pump has a outlet for circulating water if you don’t want a fountain… my pond needs to be clearer and I’ve added an air pump also!

Anyone advise at all please? The whole pond has been up and running about a month - pic attached. 🫡

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 27
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
your off to a great start.

I am assuming your water clarity issue is "green water" . This is very normal for a fresh start up.(up to 2 yrs) .
What I do see is very little botanical plant life, Algae is a plant and it will respond to nutrients in the water faster than botanical plants but once your plants get going the green water will go away. aeration is a good start to keep algae at bay.

Need more plants.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOOKS NICE love the window , But i question the use of pressure treated. If you want something that will last i would look at composite decking they do have 3/4, 5/4, and 1 1/2" in 8 and 10" azek is another product. you could even order plastics in just about any color online.
I would look into a bog you have a planted area away from the camera you could make that into a bog and a water fall and youll have clear water with little maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
your off to a great start.

I am assuming your water clarity issue is "green water" . This is very normal for a fresh start up.(up to 2 yrs) .
What I do see is very little botanical plant life, Algae is a plant and it will respond to nutrients in the water faster than botanical plants but once your plants get going the green water will go away. aeration is a good start to keep algae at bay.

Need more plants.
Hey thanks for your response! Yeah, the green water is my issue - I’m gonna stock up on plants as you suggested, thank you! I think my pump is pretty lame also - I’m finding out fast you pay for what you get in aquatics 🫠 so looking at an external filter now to help out! Will update 💪🏻

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey thanks for your response! Yeah, the green water is my issue - I’m gonna stock up on plants as you suggested, thank you! I think my pump is pretty lame also - I’m finding out fast you pay for what you get in aquatics 🫠 so looking at an external filter now to help out! Will update 💪🏻
Whatever you do don't start changing the water in there w/new water as that will not help w/the algae......................oh yes I know :cool: . Best to just leave it be and do the plant thing and the aeration and good filtration. Also do you have fish in there yet? If not then don't add too many or too many at a time as that will just rev up the algae. Keep your fish load to what your pond can handle.

Ask a Question